January 2015 Moms
Options

Which baby registry?

Where are you registered and why?  Was location/distance from you or your baby shower guests a factor?

We're considering Target because the stores are everywhere but I keep seeing horrible reviews about returns.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Which baby registry?

• Options
    You can register at more than one place I would just not register for duplicate items (i.e. don't register for the car seat at both stores but diapers and wipes, def at both). For DS1 We registered at BRU but also had a smaller registry at Target. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We did Buy Buy Baby and Amazon.  We chose Buy Buy Baby because there is a huge store by us with a great selection and we wanted to go in and actually look around and choose our items.  We also picked Amazon because so many of my friends/family members have Amazon Prime and order regularly- we thought that would be easy for people who want to order online.  I also like that Amazon has so many reviews of things- we were able to review many items and chose them that way.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did BuyBuyBaby, BRU, and Amazon. Some people really preferred the brick and mortar store, which is BRU (BBB isn't near my family or me, but I wanted the registry freebies - I got a free bottle and binkie!). Others prefer the free shipping with Amazon - I made sure to pick items that were Prime eligible.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    I think I'm going to do Amazon (because everyone has Prime/Free Shipping right?), Buy Buy Baby (because it's my favorite of the physical stores and close/convenient for me), and Babies R Us (because we have family that only have access to this store and aren't very online savvy).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did Buy Buy Baby because the store is fairly close to us and most of my family that will buy a gift will order online anyway.  I have never liked BRU (gives me anxiety the minute I walk in the store) and my friend had a horrible experience there recently (she was registered there and their customer service was awful) so we decided to stick with Buy Buy Baby
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I registered at Target and BRU for the convenience of my shower guests. But Target had been a PITA already with things frequently going out of stock.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    FTM here. We are doing Target and Amazon. Target is for those that live in the area so, they can wrap a cute gift if they like. We chose Amazon for friends and family that live out of town but, really want to get us something. I registered for some "must have" items on both registries. Mostly, the smaller less than 30$ items are duplicates. I like having both though because Amazon allows me to add in books (my favorite things to pick out) and the pricier items were cheaper with better selection for colors, sizes ect. At Target, its nice that I could look at and try out things in store. Also, Target lets you make and change your registry with their app. Best of both worlds in my opinion! 

BRU is just too overwhelming for me. I have been a few times to brand comparison shop and the store is just not my thing. They definitely have great selection though!
  • Options
    We registered at Babies R Us because it's closest to us and we wanted to be able to go in and look at things and have a large selection. We also thought some people would prefer to go inside a store and buy something (a lot of our family members are opposed to technology and ordering things online). We also registered on Amazon.com so that the people who live far away and do prefer to buy things online can do that too.
  • Options
    We did BBB, BRU, and Target. Mainly because those 3 seemed to be the most convenient for everyone to have a selection. BBB seemed to have the best selection of items and return policy, but not everyone has one nearby. Most people i knew seemed to have a BRU nearby but I knew from personal experience that some people hate making an extra stop at a store they'd never go to, hence Target. My brother registered on Amazon and it was super for anyone how is used to shopping online. We were able to ship things directly to their address and the amazon registry was very convenient and user friendly for them.
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We did BRU so folk who prefer brick and mortar stores could go and there's a location in each of the areas all my family and friends are located. Then we also did Amazon for those who prefer it and some of our guy friends who are afraid of the baby store. Lol No one seems to be using either, though, which I was freaking out about a week ago in a fit of an anxiety attack (a whole lot is going on right now and it's really, really complicated and the thought of handling just even one more thing was overwhelming), but now I pretty much have calmed enough to realize that in the end, it doesn't really matter. People will shop where they shop, so don't worry too much about finding the perfect places. If I were to do it again, I'd just pick the places with the better freebies and completion deals.
  • Options
    Amazon ftw. Most stuff is cheaper there too.
  • Options
    I was planning to do Target (my favorite store!) and BRU....which is what I did when I was pregnant with DD. But there is a Buy Buy Baby right near us (and our families too), but I have never checked them out. I have this Friday off for my wonderful 3-hour glucose test....maybe I will go there afterwards, and perhaps start a registry there too. As for Target returns, it's been 7 years since I had my registry there, but I don't recall any problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did target only. There aren't really any buy buy babys or BRUs by us unless you travel about an hour, I found everything I wanted to register for at target and they're all over our area.
  • Options
    I did myregistry.com and compiled a few online only registries, including amazon. I had a few specialized things they don't carry at regular stores like specific cloth diapering products. Also, most of our family lives over 1000 miles away and will most likely be purchasing online anyhow.
  • Options
    I did mine on myregistry.com as well. I liked it because I could do a mix of items from the bigger retailers for people that wanted to buy from a store, as well as amazon for deals and boutique online stores for more specialized or unique items.  The issue with it is, not everyone is used to the format, so I am not sure if people will go back and say "I bought this" if they went to the store or if I am going to end up with a bunch of duplicates...I'll report back and let y'all know! 
    Me: 33 DH: 34 * TTC since January 2011 *  2 cancelled IVF cycles* May 2015 IVF with ICSI * 1 FET* 
    Mod-Sev OHSS *  First BFP May 5/15/2014 * EDD 1/22/2015

• Options
    @ocbookworm
    maybe we'll receive email notifications from the separate retailers and then we could go in and check off the items?
  • Options
    We went to BRU and also did an Amazon.com one. I liked the universal registry aspect of Amazon. I put a bunch of super cute stuff from etsy on that one. But the BRU one was nice because we wanted to actually look at carseats and strollers and whatnot before registering. I feel pretty good about our registries, and the completion rewards/discounts are nothing to sneeze at, either. :-) 

• Options
    I did BRU, Buy Buy Baby, Amazon, Target and may do walmart too. My reason was free samples. I am having to go back through because we don't have the first two stores near us and I'm not sure that people will be using amazon. 
  • Options
    Honestly, when I shop for somebody's baby shower, if they are only registered at a specialty store, ie BBB or BRU, I'll probably buy something not on their registry. I'm always going to target for something. It's just a lot easier for me to pick up something there than making a trip to another store specifically for a baby shower item.

With that said, I never registered, so I can't give advice on returns and what have you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Returning things at Target sucks! If it was scanned off your registry they are supposed to refund you the money it was sold for (per their written policy), but even then they want to give you a gift card. If it was just on your registry, but the purchaser didn't have them scan the registry, it's as good as trying to return something without a receipt. You may get lucky and they will put it on a gift card. One I tried said I can return it for a like item (ie- if a mobile was returned it had to be for a mobile, or spoons for another brand of spoons). It was that specific. I ended up re-gifting or reselling whatever I couldn't or had no interest using from Target. 
  • Options
    We registered at Kohls because both our families obsess over getting their 30% off coupons and we love getting the kohls cash! We also registered at target for more variety and more options and lots of diapers
  • Options
    I've registered almost everywhere because I have family all over and to help with making a one spot stop online to find what I need I made a babylist account.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers And Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BabyList....it is amazeballs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"