Cloth Diapering
Options

stripping stored diaps

In an HE! Lol! I used to boil to strip. Is that still an approved method? Would my sanitize cycle on my HE work? Just got my diaps out of storage after 2 years and they STANK!!!!

Re: stripping stored diaps

• Options
    What kind of diapers are they? Don't use boiling water on anything with PUL in it.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    These are best bottoms inserts. With a grovia or two thrown in. I never boil pul, but mine are all covers and never hold stink. It's the inserts that wreak
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't boil them because they have snaps. What do they smell like, and do you remember what your wash routine was before they were stored?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I wouldn't boil them because they have snaps. What do they smell like, and do you remember what your wash routine was before they were stored?
    This.

I wouldn't boil anything that has snaps.  I'd start with a wash and some extra hot water rinses if they still stink.

Were they stored in a humid place?  It could be mildew?
  • Options
    These are best bottoms inserts. With a grovia or two thrown in. I never boil pul, but mine are all covers and never hold stink. It's the inserts that wreak. They smell like ammonia. And actually, smell just as they did when I stored them as we were struggling with stink just when dd potty trained. And honestly, I can't remember my wash routine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"