December 2014 Moms

Just for fun: What do you think your baby will look like?

2»

Re: Just for fun: What do you think your baby will look like?

• DH and I are pretty similar -- dirty blonde hair naturally, tall, average builds, horrible eyesight (our kids are doomed), blue eyes (me) and green eyes (him). I feel like DD looks exactly like DH, but most people say she is a perfect mix.

DD is really tall (always in the 90+ percentile, though most recently 98th %), she has a TON of strawberry blonde slightly curly hair (it basically has a the perfect slight curl, we should all be jealous), blue eyes, round face with almond shaped eyes, had tons of rolls as a baby but continues to just get taller and lose the baby weight, and she has fair skin.

I'm predicting this baby to look exactly like her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• DD1 was a tall chunky baby, mostly bald with grey/dark blue eyes. She is still in the 90-95th percentiles for height and weight at 4yrs old, wavy brunette hair (from daddy) and fair skin (like mommy).

DD2 was also a tall chunky bald baby, but slimmed down and has been 50th percentile for both height/weight since about 9 months old. Now she is 2.5 and a blue eyed dirty blonde (from mommy) with olive skin (daddy).

Not sure what mixture DS will be!! I imagine either a dark haired brown eyed boy just like DH or a red head! There's red hair on both sides of our family, just curious to see if one of our kids will end up with it! :)
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Those of you that are saying that they expect their LOs to have brown hair and eyes because either they or their husband do...you just never know.  I have dishwater blond/light brown hair, pale skin and hazel eyes.  My DH is blond with blue eyes.  My DS is blond with blue eyes.  I thought it was entirely possible he'd look like me or my Italian/French father (olive skin, dark dark brown hair, dark brown eyes) but no, the recessives won out.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • From the 3D u/a we had last week, LO has the same exact features as DS1. Their u/s pics are identical so I'm assuming that they will end up looking the same, atleast at first. DS looks exactly like my brother did when he was little so we will see if the trend continues with LO.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think this baby will look more like me. My daughter looked just like DH as a newborn (now she looks more like me). But because this pregnancy has been so different I'm thinking the babies will be very different as well. So I'm thinking he will have lots of dark hair and an olive complexion. I also think he will be closer to 9 lbs. Idk... We shall see!

• I am hoping she looks like me just because I feel like daughters should resemble their mother! Brown hair and green eyes. Of course her hair will probably be thin and light at first but hopefully she doesn't have blue eyes like my husband. I know I an weird I just want her to look more like my side.
  • I'm guessing something like this.... (ds#1 and ds#2)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited October 2014

SO and I discuss this all the time!!

So for starters, this little girl will have an awesome ethnic mix (IMO haha) - a quarter white, a quarter Mexican, and half black.

I am 5'2 and SO is 5'6, so I am guessing short. I pray she gets SO's eyebrows instead of my bushy Mexican caterpillar brow (however SO has said since before we conceived that he hopes a baby girl would have "adorable bushy eyebrows just like me). I hope she gets SO's light brown eyes and a beautiful caramel complexion. I am guessing she will wind up with thick curly hair.

Based on the ultrasounds, I think she is going to wind up with SO's big lips. And very unfortunately, his giant ugly feet! Haha. Seriously, every time I see her feet on the ultrasound I am like, what the heck?! Why don't they look like cute little baby feet?

Oh and I am kind of hoping she gets my long eyelashes. :)

ETA: I have a cousin who has two little girls with the exact same racial mix... and they are beautiful! Just hoping that is an indication of what my baby girl will look like!

• DD1 got all of the family recessive traits- she has blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm guessing that won't happen again so I am assuming DD2 will have brown hair and either hazel or brown eyes. I'm hoping she gets my freckles, though!

• I was totally wrong about my first as well. I'm a brunette with brown eyes and my exH is dirty blond with blue eyes. I expected a brunette with brown eyes. Surprise, we ended up with a red head. I think this one will be brown hair and brown eyes, since that's what both SO and I have, but who knows.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby girl due 12-13-14!

D14 October siggy challenge
                        DD two years ago, my adorable little pirate

• I have no idea what to expect with our son!  I have reddish brown hair and blue eyes, MH has brown hair and brown eyes... my hair is curly, his is straight.  When I was born, I had a full head of dark auburn hair. I kind of hope our son has red hair but I think he will probably have brown hair.  I can't wait to find out, and see who he looks more like!  It's fun to think about - MH and I discuss it often :)
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Cheekers2010Cheekers2010 member
    edited October 2014
    BTW, I can't wait to see everyones babies.  Seriously....this thread has made me so impatient.

Eta: hideous typo. I need to go to sleep.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • MJLovey said:

I love this thread! How fun. :)  I'm asian and DH is caucasian so I pretty much think our baby will look like every other eurasian baby I've ever seen.  Pale, dark hair, mixed features...prob a little bit of a chub and tall since DH is pretty tall.  He might have wavy-ish hair though since DH has teddy-bear hair.  Haha.  It's thick and a little rough, but if it grows out, it's kind of wavy...it reminds me of a teddy bear.

Yay for half Asian babies! (I'm having one too) Does everyone tell y'all that your child will be beautiful?? We have gotten that comment for years, haha. At my last ultrasound, all of my friends and family said DD is a spitting image of MH.
  • SO and I discuss this all the time!!

So for starters, this little girl will have an awesome ethnic mix (IMO haha) - a quarter white, a quarter Mexican, and half black.

I am 5'2 and SO is 5'6, so I am guessing short. I pray she gets SO's eyebrows instead of my bushy Mexican caterpillar brow (however SO has said since before we conceived that he hopes a baby girl would have "adorable bushy eyebrows just like me). I hope she gets SO's light brown eyes and a beautiful caramel complexion. I am guessing she will wind up with thick curly hair.

Based on the ultrasounds, I think she is going to wind up with SO's big lips. And very unfortunately, his giant ugly feet! Haha. Seriously, every time I see her feet on the ultrasound I am like, what the heck?! Why don't they look like cute little baby feet?

Oh and I am kind of hoping she gets my long eyelashes. :)

ETA: I have a cousin who has two little girls with the exact same racial mix... and they are beautiful! Just hoping that is an indication of what my baby girl will look like!

I hear ya on the bushy Mexican brows. Both DF and I have em! And both naturally very arched. I hope the poor girl gets two eyebrows instead of one giant one like DF. Although the 3D made it pretty obvious that she's got my noggin shape so maybe she'll get my wide set eyes to help that out :)
  • BTW, I can't wait to see everyones babies.  Seriously....this thread has made me so impatient.

Eta: hideous typo. I need to go to sleep.
    Ditto!! Cant wait to start getting *healthy and hopefully at term* birth announcements on the board! My due date isn't until the end of the month and we could wind up with a New Years baby... so I'm thinking I will be spending most of December just ooohh-ing and awwww-ing at all the adorable newborn pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"