December 2014 Moms
Options

Just for fun: What do you think your baby will look like?

I thought it would be kind of a fun to have a post where we document what we think our baby will look like.  Once they're born you can go back and see what you wrote and if it was accurate.  FWIW I was totally off with my firstborn.  I expected a tall skinny blond (baldy) baby with gray eyes that turned brown.  He turned out to be a tiny shorty with huge cheeks (thus the cheekers).  He was a baldy but ended up with beautiful golden blond hair and blue eyes.  
Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: Just for fun: What do you think your baby will look like?

• Options
    This time I think baby girl could go one of two ways.  I could end up with another short chunky blondie.  Or she could take after my dad's side of the family and look Italian with dark hair and olive skin.  I have a feeling she'll be blond with hazel eyes.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    I think the little lady will look exactly like me or exactly like DH's mother. I am sure that she would prefer the latter lol.  :))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first baby came out as I expected... He's light skinned, light brown hair and his eyes are a weird greenish brown.

So I'm kinda expecting this baby to come out either exactly the same OR maybe take after my mom's German genes (blonde, blue eyes). Who knows?!

• Options
    I was way off with Em. I knew she would look kind of like MH. Lies. I birthed his clone. They are literally clones! I remember being kind of shocked that she was dark and hairy.

So I selfishly hope this one looks like me and gets his teal eyes. But i was looking at the 20wk profile and they look similar so far. We'll see!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    My DH is an identical twin and my sister-in-law and I have some similar features. Im assuming our kids will look at least a little bit like my niece and nephew - which Im ok with!!! Im hoping for the beautiful eyelashes and baby blue eyes :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I knew when I married MH our future children would look like him-he's Filipino and I'm white. He has all the dominant traits.. Like brown eyes and dark hair. I'm thinking our child will look like a light skinned version of his little sister. Wishful thinking that she will have my green eyes at least ;)
  • Options
    Winston Churchill.

But for real, DS is a good mixture of DH and I, although he looks a little more like DH.  He has the same hair DH had when he was little, which is blonde and very curly.  We both have blue eyes and so does DS, so no surprise there.  He's also thin and tall like DH and kind of has his face shape.  

I kind of think this baby will look more like me when I was a baby with straighter, light brown hair and blue eyes.  
  • Options
    smack427 said:

I knew when I married MH our future children would look like him-he's Filipino and I'm white. He has all the dominant traits.. Like brown eyes and dark hair. I'm thinking our child will look like a light skinned version of his little sister. Wishful thinking that she will have my green eyes at least ;)

Yeah me too. My husband is Hispanic and I'm white but we both have thick, dark hair (mine is super curly so hoping she gets that from me) and hope she gets my blue eyes.
  • Options

DD came out like DH's italian side, and was originally dark haired.  I was hoping she's be tall with green eyes and tan skin like dad and I was lucky!  DD is tall, has DD's metabolism (thank god!), green eyes and tans like him in the summer so she's golden and not burnt like me.  Hair is a dark blonde but lightens in the summer.

I'm hoping DD #2 gets Daddy's metabolism again and not mine (crosses fingers), has green eyes, darker hair than DD and is tall.  Wouldn't mind if she were fair like me but we have similar body structures (DH & me) so she's gonna be tall with a booty.  Would like her to have the longer torso like I gave DD but we'll see! :) 

However she comes out, I'll love her! :D

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited October 2014
    Dd1 and ds2 look very similar. Most say my eldest looks like me because she has curly brown hair, brown eyes and olive complexion. But she has her dad's (ex-husband's) facial features, though we do share similar facial features. My youngest looks just like his dad, but has the curly light brown hair, olive complexion and brown eyes. (ex has blonde hair and blue eyes) In terms of their features, all him. But my eldest has my body type/build.

Dd2 has fairer skin, dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. She looks a lot like my former SIL, and takes after me a little. She's built (slender/lean) like the women on my ex's side of the family.

Ds1 was the only one to have wavy golden blonde hair at birth. He looked a lot like my ex, too.

I'm definitely curious this time since it's my first with current DH (and his first). I'm black (with Cherokee and Choctaw) and white (Italian, English and Irish), and DH is a European mutt, as he calls it. She'll likely be long/tall as I'm 5'9.5" and DH is 6'2", and she'll likely end up with olive complexion. We both have dark brown hair, but he has light brown-hazel eyes. My dad and his mom have green eyes, so if we both passed on a recessive gene for green, she'd inherit green eyes. He has awesome dimples, which she may have as it's a dominant gene. And I'm betting she'll have the plump lips and button nose my other kids have. She'll have some hair, but not the full head of luscious locks that some newborns have. All of my kids have curly hair, so she'll eventually grow in some curls. 

I always tell DH that she'll look like him because he has very distinct features, but he's SO confident that is not the case.

G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I was born with a full head of black hair, brown eyes, and had a case of jaundice, so my family thought I would be a little Italian baby. Pshh I am as white as a sheet with blonde hair and green eyes. My husband was a toe head when he was a baby, now has light brown hair, blue eyes, and tans really easily. So if this baby comes out with brown eyes and black hair, I wouldn't be surprised.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    My DH is mixed ethnicity with brown hair and brown eyes.  I have blonde hair and blue eyes.  I'm thinking DD will have thick brown hair and I'm hoping she gets my blue eyes.  DH's cousin (same mixed ethnicity) has two children.  One who has brown hair/brown eyes and looks quite Asian and one who has blonde hair, blue eyes....so you never know!
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think this baby will look a lot like DD. She's very tall with blue eyes and wispy blond hair/fuzz (I despair of this child ever actually getting real hair!). For some reason I can only see New Baby looking just like her, whether it's a boy or a girl. I am secretly hoping for a red head, because there are red heads on both sides of the family, but I don't think it will happen.
  • Options
    DF and I are both Hispanic but he has a MUCH darker complexion than me. (I'm very fair with a very yellow undertone) I hope she at least ends up somewhere in the middle in the skin tone, so she doesn't have to hear "how can you be hispanic and so white?" like I still hear. Both have dark eyes and hair so that part is pretty obvious. There's a shot in hell she could get my dad's blue eyes I guess. Height could get interesting. I'm 5'5. He's 5'6. The moms are both very short ( 5'2 and 4'11) but my dad is 6'3 so we will see :)
  • Options
    I have no idea!  DD is my little clone, so it's hard to picture what another baby might look like! I hope there is some resemblance to DD. If it's another girl all I can picture is her looking like DD. But if it's a boy I can see him having darker hair and more resemblance to my husband. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Weirdly I think LO might have my brother's colouring: red hair and green eyes. Husband has brown eyes, started off golden blonde and is now dark brown hair with TONS of red in it. I started off copper, went dark, went blonde and am now mousey brown with green eyes. I think the red gene might be strong...

Just hope he gets husband's perfect nose and my perfect teeth. And both our wit and intelligence :D
  • Options
    I think about this all the time! I can't wait to meet LO and really see what he looks like.

Based on my last sono, I think he is going to look like MH. It looks like he has his nose and his chin, which I'm happy about! I think LO will be a skinny baby (MH and I both were little things). I'm on the fence about hair - MH and I both have dark hair. His is much thicker and curlier than mine. I was a baldy and he was born needing a hair cut. I hope LO comes out with hair :) I hope LO inherits my family's height and MH's family's muscle build/metabolism. We both have Italian/Greek heritage, so I'm guessing LO will have olive skin, dark hair and dark eyes.

Have any of you done the baby picture predictors? I just tried one for fun, it looks like a pretty generic baby to me! :)

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    bowlwomanbowlwoman member
    edited October 2014
    nesenotes said:
    I was way off with Em. I knew she would look kind of like MH. Lies. I birthed his clone. They are literally clones! I remember being kind of shocked that she was dark and hairy. So I selfishly hope this one looks like me and gets his teal eyes. But i was looking at the 20wk profile and they look similar so far. We'll see!
    I read somewhere that Mother Nature (oh that fickle bish that she is) made first babies look like the father so they would know that they are their true offspring. :D

DD1 looks just like DH and MIL. To the point that MIL's and DD1's baby pictures look almost identical.

DD2 looks like my sister and BIL, with a bit of me thrown in there, especially in her coloring.

LO is a boy, so who knows. If it follows the logic of how me, my sister, and my brother went, he'll probably look like my side of the family. Maybe more me straight up, or like my mom's side.

ETA: and, what's hilarious, is that DD1 and my brother's older daughter look a lot alike, even though they do take after different sides of their families (DD1 after my husband, niece after my brother). I still haven't figured that one out yet, but I guess there IS some of me in DD1. :D
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    I looked wicked creepy for the first few months of my life. Every baby on my dad's side looked just like me. My sister looked like my mom's side and was cute. My niece looked exactly like me though. I am just hoping this little one looks like dh because he was a gorgeous baby. She can look like me once she is older. :)
  • Options
    I suppose it's possible this kiddo could be a strawberry blond.  G (my DS) was when he was little.  His hair gradually turned to golden blond.  His cousin has the strawberry blond and so did my DH's mom.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    I was pretty sure my first would have blue eyes and curly brown hair bc DH and I both have. I didn't think she'd be tall. My expectations were tainted though by a late ultrasound that showed fat cheeks and a little nose. She looked pretty much like I expected, but is bigger than I expected with DH's olive skin.

I think one of these boys with be fair skinned like me and the other more olive, but both will have brown hair and blue eyes. Maybe the fair one will have lighter hair because there is some blonde in the family. One will have more of an athletic build than the other probably, maybe the darker one. The fair one will be slender and a sensitive type. Boy am I ever stereotyping haha. At least one of them has a nose like DD and one of then might have a prominent brow, based on the ultrasounds.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited October 2014
    There are too many stray genes in my family for me to assume. My husband is very Nordic looking (tall, blonde, blue-eyed, etc) and I have brownish-red hair, pale skin and green eyes, but I'm also the whitest person in my family. My cousin (who looks like everyone else in my family) has black hair and dark eyes and he married a woman who also has dark skin, hair and dark eyes but somehow their second daughter looked like... me... They even called me when she was born because they were so tickled by her being a little blonde, blue-eyed baby doll with some of my family's Asian features thrown in (a-dorable, if I say so myself :P) So now I have no idea what my LO will look like. I already told DH's family that they aren't allowed to put us on Murray if I have a little dark haired and brown-eyed baby no matter how weird we will look together in family pictures :P
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    Our first was a complete surprise.  Hubbs has dark brown hair and brown eyes.  Since those traits are dominant, I expected any babies we had to follow that trend.  Nathan came out with bright blue eyes and blonde hair - with lighter blonde tips.  His hair is now sandy blonde, just like mine, and he still has his gorgeous blue eyes.  The only person in my family with blue eyes is my mom, and they are almost exactly the same shade, so I guess that's where he got them.

This time around, I'm hoping for brown hair and brown eyes.  Nathan looks so much like me in the face and coloring and is so much like me in personality that I'm hoping for a Hubbs clone this time.  Dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a quiet, sweet personality.  That would go nicely with our feisty, spunky, crazy mini me.  ;)

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    For the first few weeks, I'm gonna go with a potato.
    But seriously, I hope he looks like DH. He was an adorable baby, and grew up to be the best looking man I have ever seen...
    I was the ugliest baby ever. My mum was so embarrassed, she didn't send my picture in the Christmas cards that year... And I was born in May! There are only three pictures in existence of me under the age of two. But after seeing those pictures, I completely understand. I was a hairy alien-monkey baby. I grew out of it, but I still don't know how I ended up with somebody as good-looking as DH.
    Soo... I hope Little Joe looks just like his daddy, with my blue eyes!
  • Options
    I am constantly thinking about it! As if it matters though I am already so in love with the little man! My hubby is black and fairly dark skinned with light brown eyes and dark brown hair and I'm white with a light olivey complexion with dark brown almost black hair and hazel eyes but had blonde hair until I was about 12 so he could literally look a mix of anything lol when I always think of him I envision him looking like his daddy but who knows? He will be gorgeous no matter what! Oh and definitely squishy and old manish as others have said ;)
  • Options

The 3D image we have looks like her cousins.  I think she'll have wicked pale skin (my H and I are both so pale), blond hair and brown eyes.  She'll also have a giant head, as that runs in both families, and small eyes.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm giving birth to my husband 2.0.  He's such an alpha that I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to deal with 2 of him now :)  LO will be huge, tall, bald, and blue eyed with really fat cheeks.

If he gets anything from me I'm guessing his ears might stick out a bit.  We haven't done and likely won't do a 3d or 4d ultrasound, but from the blurry normal one it looks like LO might have some seriously luscious lips.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    I also want to add that D14 has a case of the rainbows this week. I was totally expecting someone to say a sweet potato!
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    I'm your typical Scandinavian: blond hair, blue eyes, very light skin. My husband is Irish/Italian, but got more of the Italian: brown hair, olive skin, eyes that I guess you can call hazel but they change color depending on what he is wearing. They can look dark brown or even sometimes green. We both came out with a lot of dark hair when we were born which eventually turned super blond (for at least a few years anyway). 

I think this one will have the lots of dark hair that will eventually turn blond. I also think he is going to come out pretty hairy in general. I also think he is going to look like his dad, but with blue eyes. Hoping for the blue eyes. My FIL has blue eyes so I know there is a blue eyed allele in there somewhere! 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Options
    DD came out looking like her dad's clone. All she had of me was my nose But now she looks just like me. It's so odd how they change
    She is a dark haired, gray eyed little love.
    Her brother seems to look like she looks now from his 3d pic. Not like she looked as a newborn

• Options
    DH is tall blond hair, blue eyes, German decent.
    I'm shortish, black hair, brown eyes Hispanic.

I'm going to say that my traits are pretty damn dominant. BUT...DH has a very strong line of blond hair, blue eyes. So we shall see. He and his father are convince LO is going to have green eyes but I tried to explain that's not how it works. Lol. I would love love LOVE a mini version of DH with pretty blue eyes.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is one of the superficial things I'm really excited about...i cannot wait to see what my baby looks like. My husband is white and I'm jamaican...I'm light/medium skinned, but my dad is dark and most people think my mom looks white so really the kid could be all over the place!

But my husband and I have curly, thick hair, so we are 99% sure baby xc will have a fro :)
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    @xc1148 and @katehgee

I'm always curious with the blending of very different ethnic backgrounds. Most people can't tell I'm half black, but my mom is a more fair skinned black woman (think Halle Berry, but she's mixed, too). I've always gotten Hawaiian, Hispanic, Italian, or "something exotic." Most black folks can tell I'm half black, though.

My other kids look predominantly white, but my second daughter has my "mixed" hair texture and tight corkscrew curls. It should be interesting to see who Ruby looks like with my current DH's genes/features. I have a 3D u/s scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get to see then.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    It will be interesting. My older son was born looking like a clone of my husband but somehow morphed into my mini-me. My younger son was a pretty good blend of the two of us right from the start (although he definitely has a stronger Mediterranean/Romanian look now that he is a bit older).

I imagine he will have brown eyes because the rest of us do (although my sister and bio mom have blue eyes and so does MIL). He could have either light or dark hair or even be a red head (my DH is a European/Mediterranean mutt, and I have a lot of Irish and English). My DH has much more gold and olive tone in his skin which my younger son inherited. My older son has my "so white you can see right through it" skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"