Cloth Diapering

wash routine?

VanopynenVanopynen member
edited October 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Woundering what your ladies wash routine is, i am working my way up to 36 prefolds with a few covers and some aios for newborn and I have a stash of os pockets also...im confused. I was told I could wash every other day if I have 36 prefolds. Please explain to me how I do so!! I think I understand what to use on my diapers and all that thank you!

Re: wash routine?

• What so you mean how do you wash everyday? You just don't do laundry one day but do it the next day. Are you not sure how to store them?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't really understand the question.

But your wash routine should look something like this:
    Initial rinse: most people use a quick wash of some kind, because this needs agitation, and SPIN. anything else and you can be washing your diapers in poopy water. This can be cold, but warm is a good idea. No detergent.
    Main Wash: HOT water, with detergent.
    Extra Rinse: cold water. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Ya im confused on when to do laundry I have heard I can do it every other day? Wondering how I would do that if I have 36. Id like to not to laundry everyday.
  • You just do it every other day. 36 diapers is plenty.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vanopynen said:
    Ya im confused on when to do laundry I have heard I can do it every other day? Wondering how I would do that if I have 36. Id like to not to laundry everyday
    You wash all the dirty diapers on Monday, none on Tuesday, then wash all the dirty diapers again on Wednesday. I am not sure what you don't understand. 

Are you concerned that 36 is not enough to last?
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Do you mean that you are using 36 diapers per day? How many children are you diapering?

The recommendation of 36 for a newborn comes from the experience that most of us go through 12-18 diapers per day with a newborn. If you are on the low side of that, every other day you will have 24 diapers to wash. While those 24 are in the wash, you still have 12 clean ones to use.

If you use closer to 18 diapers per day, you might find yourself washing every 1.5 days.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Ok that is what I didnt get if 36 were in the wash what does the baby wear! Ok so once my 24ish get dirty, I wash those while the baby Is using the other 12, and in the time it takes to wash and dry I shouldn't be going through 12!! Ok. I get it. thanks sorry im dence. I was thinking 36 diapers a day. how would I only wash every other day. I didnt know how many diapers you go through!
  • Yes. Wash them before you run out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"