October 2012 Moms
Options

It's Wednesday now, right?

I am up almost 2 hours earlier than normal today.  Girl is with Grandma and Grandpa, Husband is asleep. It's silent in my house except the sound of my keyboard as I type. It's damn near magical.

I am going to court with my sister today for the custody battle. I'm so nervous I could vomit. I hate court. I hate the court system. I hate her ex husband. I hate everything about this entire situation. Blah.

But I have coffee in a silent house. I'm focusing on that right now.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: It's Wednesday now, right?

• Options
    @scrumpfy‌ I sort of love your kid. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am having irrational fears of my dh bringing home the ebola. He flew from nyc to Dallas on the 20th too. He was under the weather this weekend and last night started feeling ill again. Realistically I know he is not ebola'd, but my imagination is running wild today.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    @CnAnA‌ I hope everything works out in your sister's favor.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Who has LOs with birthdays today? Happy birthday!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

@Rachelilly23, MAKE MORE BABIES!! Kidding, I know vacation comes first, but then MORE BABIES! I'm so excited for you all to be together again.

I'm trying desperately to find work closer to home with a 9 to 5 type schedule. Still unsuccessful. I've scoured the web and there just isn't anything. I promise I'm not being picky! I'm preparing to be SAH and we'll be fine, but I sure would love to continue providing the insurance and additional income. I think I've cried about as much as one person can cry over things like this, so now it's just time to move on and work with what I've got.

• Options
    Happy birthday B! @stephcarter‌
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    @stefaniem522, I might be bad because I've never put the girls in jeans to date! I have had a few hand me down pairs but I think leggings and dresses seem so much more comfy. If I were a two year old I'd probably prefer leggings! Too bad leggings aren't acceptable for boys ;)

• Options
    My little baby got a tooth. Y'all, I am irrationally sad about this. She is entirely too little.
    On the bright side, cutting said tooth made her cranky for about 3 hours. As opposed to when C cuts teeth and is cranky for like 3 weeks.
  • Options
    I am having irrational fears of my dh bringing home the ebola. He flew from nyc to Dallas on the 20th too. He was under the weather this weekend and last night started feeling ill again. Realistically I know he is not ebola'd, but my imagination is running wild today.
    He should be fine @navyandviolet. Ebola is transmitted through bodily fluids, so unless this infected guy spit or puked or bled on him, no risk of infection. It's not an airborne virus like a cold or flu.

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Out of court now. Went as expected. Not a whole lot changes except now she files for child support as opposed to private pay like they have done.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I took E for his 2 year old check up today. The pedi is referring him to a speech therapist since his speech seems to be delayed. I'm really not shocked, but my poor babies... We've had a rough week with diagnosis and recommended therapy. It's just a little bit of a bummer, KWIM?

• Options
    @stefaniem522, I might be bad because I've never put the girls in jeans to date! I have had a few hand me down pairs but I think leggings and dresses seem so much more comfy. If I were a two year old I'd probably prefer leggings! Too bad leggings aren't acceptable for boys ;)
    I wish leggings were acceptable for little boys.  Now that he is in the toddler clothes everything for boys is jeans or sweat pants. I really don't want my kid wearing sweat pants all the time.  I'm hoping to find some more of the cotton pants like they make for babies but I haven't seen any that come in a 2T, and I hate the sweat pants because the elastic is at the waist and around the ankles.  More poor kid looks like he is wearing puffy pants then.

• Options
    @stephcarter Happy Birthday B!!

• Options
    I took E for his 2 year old check up today. The pedi is referring him to a speech therapist since his speech seems to be delayed. I'm really not shocked, but my poor babies... We've had a rough week with diagnosis and recommended therapy. It's just a little bit of a bummer, KWIM?
    We may be in your same boat with the speech delay. May I ask what specifically is he not saying that the doctor thinks he should be saying by now? What constitutes a "delay"? Is it the number of words he says, or are they supposed to be putting sentences together?

• Options
    @StefanieM522‌ , I just got some pants for C at target that are cargo type pants, but with a stretchy soft type waist. They had jean and various khaki colors, and for boys too.
  • Options
    scrumpfy said:
    @StefanieM522‌ , I just got some pants for C at target that are cargo type pants, but with a stretchy soft type waist. They had jean and various khaki colors, and for boys too.
    @scrumpfy thank you I will look there for some.

• Options
    Tonight's meltdown over bed time is beyond toddler tantrum. The screaming was like she was possessed by a demon. She was hitting and kicking me in the face because I wouldn't take her out of her room. Eventually my husband came in and told me to leave. After 5 min with him just laying on her floor (what I was doing) she stops screaming and lays down next to him. She is still whimpering but she is nicely cuddled up with him. I'm beside myself on how to deal with this. And it sucks cause we are going out of town Friday for a wedding and staying overnight. My inlaws said they will sleep at our house and continue whatever sleep method we are using not to screw her up. I just feel bad.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Also my husband will be out of town mon-thurs next week. Ugh...
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @chricast‌ I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! My H has been out of town this week and I can't imagine having to deal with that on top of everything else. I feel like DD knew she needed to be on her best behavior this week for my sanity.

DD woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Everything was setting her off but slowly got back to her normal self as the day went on. And my sil asked if she could come pick her up to hang out with her tonight and go shopping for her birthday. I don't know what to do all by myself this evening!
  • Options
    @chricast‌ ds was having horrible sleep problems when we converted not going to bed waking up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night. Then i went iut of town and then we went to inlaws for 4 days. He has beem doing better surprisingly. Mostly sleeping through sleeping later. Hopefully she will surprise you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We may be in your same boat with the speech delay. May I ask what specifically is he not saying that the doctor thinks he should be saying by now? What constitutes a "delay"? Is it the number of words he says, or are they supposed to be putting sentences together?

He was mostly concerned that there hasn't been much improvement since 18 months and he's not stringing words together. He wants him to start putting two words together. @BabyCarryingVessel‌

• Options
    My DD also doesn't have any 2 words phrases either.  Her 2 year appt is next week so we'll see how it goes. 
  • Options
    Wesley did end up wearing his jeans all day yesterday.  His teacher had noted that he had stopped walking funny a few minutes after I left, so now I think he was playing me.  Is that even possible at this age???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"