November 2014 Moms
Options

Newbie Playdate...Post Your Silly Questions Here!!

It's a new month which means we need a new silly question thread!! Post away, ladies.  Remember...no question is too silly/stupid  to post here. 

Unless you're showing us your mucus plug...ain't nobody got time for that.

Married:  08.17.2013
Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

Re: Newbie Playdate...Post Your Silly Questions Here!!

• Options

1) Emmy has a lot of frilly, lace, tutu, what have you clothes.  (SHOCKING...I know).  Do I need to wash those too?  I'm afraid if I wash them in the washing machine, it will ruin them and if I hand wash them...I will leave the soap residue on the clothes which will more than likely irrate her skin.  What should I do?

2) My face is SO swollen.  I look like a chipmunk.  So much so that people are making comments about it.  "You're only showing in your stomach and face!!"  "Your face has definitely gotten alot bigger this week."  "Have you been crying...your face is puffy".    My stupid question is...Is this normal?  I'm really not swelling anywhere else but my face. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CatLady22 said:

1) Emmy has a lot of frilly, lace, tutu, what have you clothes.  (SHOCKING...I know).  Do I need to wash those too?  I'm afraid if I wash them in the washing machine, it will ruin them and if I hand wash them...I will leave the soap residue on the clothes which will more than likely irrate her skin.  What should I do?

2) My face is SO swollen.  I look like a chipmunk.  So much so that people are making comments about it.  "You're only showing in your stomach and face!!"  "Your face has definitely gotten alot bigger this week."  "Have you been crying...your face is puffy".    My stupid question is...Is this normal?  I'm really not swelling anywhere else but my face. 

I'm wondering about #1 as well. I have 2 handmade hats that I have no idea whether I should wash or not. I know eventually they will get dirty and I will be too scared to wash them, even by hand.

Are they crocheted? My mom handmade her a lot of blankets, hats, sweaters, etc... I was wondering if I needed to wash those too.  Thank you for bringing that up! :)

• Options
    Thank you @AnnieRoo13!

• Options
    OLJ1010 said:
    @lizzielu82‌ don't get too stressed! Not to sound freaky, but they're very moldable and meant to be squished (think: conehead). My son had/has a massive head (thanks DH). He looked like an alien when he was a newborn. In fact, he still looks that way- skinny, lanky body with a big head (off the % charts) :)) I had some tearing, but he came out no problem!
    Thanks this makes me feel better! Although tearing sounds scary - was it all that bad? 

My SIL had what she refers to as a "4th degree tear" which I have no idea what it means (was too afraid to ask) and it sounds like not exactly the ideal post-birth situation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

MuchlyGen said:
    My philosophy with laundry has pretty much been "if it can't survive being washed with the rest, it deserves what it gets."
    This is exactly how I feel too!

Jatpa003 said:
    Ok so I have really been putting this off for a long time but I really need to go nursing bra shopping... I live in Canada and am not sure where to get large bras? (40G maybe larger now) I have only one right now but it's getting tight AND it has underwire. I hate Bra shopping and know that if I plan on breast feeding I need one without underwire. Any suggestions would be great.
    I don't know if you have Lane Bryant in Canada (or maybe you could just order online, but I personally don't like doing that for bras unless returns are easy), but they have larger sizes (I bought several 42H bras there before I got pregnant, so they should have whatever size you need). Also, I don't know of any reasons you can't breastfeed if you have underwire in your bras; even my nursing bras have always had underwire, so you should be fine.

Thanks for posting this @mommymeg143!

I was told today that my LO has a pretty sizable head. I'm now seriously worried it won't be able to come out. Anyone else had a big-headed baby and is there still hope for trying to go for a vaginal birth? 
    My kids have all had big heads, and only my oldest wasn't vaginal, so it's definitely doable, but I do actually think that his head was the problem (but he really does have a huge head, not just kind of big for his age; he's always been off the charts or in the 90+ percentile in head circumference).
  • Options
    I've been getting these weird spasm wave like cramps in my lower back in the mornings while I'm driving to work. They only happen a couple times in the morning and then they stop....does anyone know what that could be?
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this @mommymeg143!

I was told today that my LO has a pretty sizable head. I'm now seriously worried it won't be able to come out. Anyone else had a big-headed baby and is there still hope for trying to go for a vaginal birth? 

So much this!  When I went thru my birth class they told us about CPD I am now terrified that is going to be me!

My question is about birthing plans.  In my class on Saturday they showed us one and it was just a written bullet point of what the mother wanted.. but the instructor said that you should be careful how you word stuff so that they dont offend... anyone know where I can see more examples? I have done a little googling and have not been impressed with what I have found.

******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Jatpa003 said:
    Ok so I have really been putting this off for a long time but I really need to go nursing bra shopping... I live in Canada and am not sure where to get large bras? (40G maybe larger now) I have only one right now but it's getting tight AND it has underwire. I hate Bra shopping and know that if I plan on breast feeding I need one without underwire. Any suggestions would be great.
    I never found comfortable nursing bras with DD. I just bought a new one though and it is amazing! The company is called Cake Lingerie and the bra is the Cotton Candy style. AMAZING. I got an XL and it was plenty big for me.
    I've heard good things about Cake.  I'm going to order one.  I ordered one from Bravado & I like it, but I should have gotten a large so it's a bit snug.
    I second Cake and ordered a few of their sports bra type bras to start with since I don't know what my size will be once I get my bigger milk boobies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Jatpa003 We have a store in our mall here called "Changes" that is just larger sizes.  If you're okay with online, there's a store in Langley (BC) that does do online shipping called "Forever Yours Lingerie." I get all my bras there -- you could at least look at their site and get some good brand names.
  • Options
    Question I've felt too dumb to ask:

Are BHs tied to a sooner birth? I've felt nada and find myself wondering if there is any chance that means I'm going to go past my due date.
  • Options
    So when can you start using diaper powder?? The little girl I nanny had an upset tummy today and she still smelled after I changed her diaper. I needed powder but couldn't find any! Are newborns able to have powdered booties?!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"