August 2014 Moms
Options

i have all the questions!

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been on much lately, we're quickly approaching the wedding so most of my time has been spent planning.

any who my questions are Itty bit has been going long stretches without pooping. She finally pooped tonight but it took her 7 days. She has a herniated belly button which keeps getting bigger (FI thinks maybe their related?) Her poop wasn't hard or anything she just took a long time. She's also on breastmilk only right now.

also, she's got little red spots all over her ears and face...could she be allergic to something I'm eating? Her brother had a milk protien allergy which developed at a month old (he had a lot I F blood in his poops) could she be suffering the same thing?

Last...I've been pretty sick recently. Tonight Itty bit only wanted to breastfeed and was inconsolable otherwise. She screamed for a long time...how do you balance breastfeeding and sickness/running to the bathroom every few minutes? Itty but decided she's to good for bottles at the moment (she's been choking on them, sucks down a few ozs then cries, ect) so I can give her a bottle but she may refuse it or have issues eating...
IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: i have all the questions!

• Options
    Going 7-10 days without pooping is normal in bf babies. A little blood is ok too. A lot is not. Could just strained and got a little tear.

I would try eliminating dairy if you think that's what it is. See if it works.

As for being sick, I got pretty good at holding dd while on the toilet. Never failed I would have to poop while holding a baby. If it's coming out the other end, baby will just have to beheld by someone else or cry a little. Gotta get mama back in the game! Hope ya are feeling better.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Skin rashes can be caused by so many things. You might try changing your detergent. Also, my LO got a fungal skin rash when she was only a few weeks old and we had to treat it with an oral fluconizole prescription. It sort of looked like tiny zits and spread from her face to cover most of her body.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"