1st Trimester
Options

Intro and a question for you gals

Hello,

I'm four weeks today (so basically about 5 seconds pregnant) :)

The only symptom of pregnancy I've had was a horrible rash.  Dr. told me it's atopic eruption of pregnancy which I have had for about one week.  I have no history of eczema or anything so I'm all new to this.  Looks like I'll be doing steroid creams and using ALL the Aveeno for the next while.

My hubs asked me if I needed anything when he went out to run some errands and I asked for new skin.    I cannot take the itchiness....it's keeping me up all night and actually impacting my job.

Has anybody else had this so early in pregnancy and if so please tell me it goes away? 

Re: Intro and a question for you gals

• Options
    I had a horrible rash early on as well. I can't remember exactly when it started, but sometime first tri. The doctor wasn't concerned about it being harmful or anything, but it was so uncomfortable. It started on my hips, and spread around to my butt and back and then my sides and armpits. It was really bad right above my butt crack and up my lower back. It kept me up at night, too. I just was told to use cortisone cream and I took oatmeal baths. I suck at remembering to put lotion on after showering, but would do that too. I can't remember when it stopped but it would disappear for a while and come back throughout the pregnancy. I don't remember having it much the third trimester, but it definitely lasted well into the 2nd.

I am sorry you are dealing with it, and I wish I could give you some magical remedy, but all I can do is offer my sympathy and understanding of your discomfort!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for the reply. It's reassuring that somebody else has been through this!

I'm not super happy to hear it came back for you though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"