1st Trimester
Options

just a little irritated.... warning rant.

I don't understand why I have such dry eyes!!! My hormones are all out of wacky and bc I have mother my Dr's midwife who see's us is a little freaked out by me and is ordering all kinds of blood work and making me do ultrasounds extremely early bc she wants to make sure I am having a viable pregnancy.... thanks so much for the faith in my body!!! End rant...

Re: just a little irritated.... warning rant.

• Options
    Lol... sorry my phone auto corrected that mthfr mutation (clotting disorder that attacks pregnancy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MTHFR isn't a clotting disorder. It means your body doesn't process Folic acid correctly. I have it as well, it's actually very common.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    Actually, MTHFR can contribute to blood clots as well has hardening of the arteries possibly leading to a heart attack and/or stroke.  For some people, the inability of their body to properly process folic acid can lead to elevated levels of homocysteine levels which, in turn, might increase your risk for clots and other complications.   Have they checked your homocysteine level?

I have the MTHFR gene mutation and take a daily baby aspirin for it, pregnant or not.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"