November 2014 Moms
Options

Support belts

For the past few days, I have started getting pretty severe back pain in my left hip/butt. I'm think it's sciatic, I have my 32 week appt on Thursday so I plan to talk to her about it then.

Question is... Have any of you had success alleviating sciatic pain with one of those support belts? I had a coworker suggest it, and I have been wearing it all morning, but I'm not sure if it is making any difference. It is also making me worried that it's too tight and hurting the baby, I know that is prob irrational, but I can't help it!

Any thoughts, or any tips to ease that pain?

Re: Support belts

• Options
    I have the cantaloop support belt that has been a life saver the last few weeks! I still have some back pain but it's much better than it was without the cantaloop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's an immediate relief kind of thing.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My extreme back pain started around 28 weeks.  Between consistent (weekly) chiropractic care, my maternity belt, nightly epsom salt soaks/baths, and massage therapy, I'm down to a 2-3 on the pain scale (previously at an 8-9).  I'm going on 5 weeks of dealing with it, but it's much better than it was before.  I don't think you'll see much difference in wearing it for such a short amount of time.  Also, I don't wear my 24/7.  I take it off while driving/sitting or if it's making me uncomfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had sciatica on and off since around week 20. The only thing that has helped me is getting the baby to move off the nerve, usually by lying down or just switching position a lot.
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    I use an upsie belly to help get me through the teaching day. However when she lays on a nerve it doesn't do anything for the pain. It helps with the sore back that I got at te start of the year. I also found gym shoes are a must to help with back pain from walking and moving.
  • Options
    The upsie belly and sneakers have been getting me through the last couple weeks
  • Options
    I got a medella support belt from babies r us, and it has made a HUGE difference. I was having such bad pelvic pain and pressure that I could hardly walk. I definitely recommend getting one!
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    I don't have sciatica, but the prenatal cradle has really helped with my back pain and with the weird nerve pain I was getting in my nether regions. I have both the full and the mini - the full provides more support but shows more under clothing. I would have a pretty hard time walking much without them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"