Working Moms
Options

s/o Halloween: treat bags

What do you do for trick or treat bags for your kids?  I can't justify spending $30 on a personalized one, but want something fairly decent looking.

My girls are going to be Elsa and Aurora and my son is going to be a dinosaur if that helps.

Re: s/o Halloween: treat bags

• Options
    I have reusable character bags they've gotten birthday gifts in.   DS is going as Megatron and will be using a transformers bag he got a gift in and DD has a Princess Sofia reusable bag she'll use.  I can't justify spending money on a trick or treating bag/container, seems a bit over the top.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are using the $1 pumpkin DS got a couple of years ago.  I do like the glow stick idea mentioned above, so I'll probably pick some of those up.  

Personally, I would not spend that much on something to use for one night a year but I'm pretty cheap :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made DS's and DD will use the one my mom made for me when I was little. 

Have you looked at Etsy?  There are some great options for as little as $12.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    We also love the plastic pumpkins. I love the glow stick idea!

\image  image

• Options
    Um, an old paper potato sack. It has a nice paper handle.

I guess I'm the uncool cheap mom.

• Options
    Target had some treat bags in the $1 bin a few weeks back, so I picked up a couple.  Otherwise, I would have gone with the plastic pumpkins.
  • Options
    Plastic pumpkin here! I love the glow stick idea!

• Options
    Plastic pumpkin over here too. Good idea on the glow stick. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    We use whatever we have in the house whether it be a colored bucket or a larger handled ziploc bag.
  • Options
    Our local grocery store sells Halloween-themed reusable grocery bags. So we got a couple of those for a few bucks. The kids will be using those until they're 18.
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
  • Options
    Clearly the minority here - I got DD a PB kids one from the outlet for like $12. Obviously it's not personalized but I wanted a cuter one that "went" with her outfit better than the orange pumpkin.
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    DD has a plastic pumpkin she plays with year-round. And we bought a cheap felt black cat bag at Target bc she loved it.
  • Options
    The plastic $1 pumpkin.
  • Options
    I made them cloth treat bags several years ago. Grabbed 1.5 yards of the Halloween-ish material I wanted from Joann's and sewed the bags up like a pillow case, equipped with handle. I am not crazy crafty but every now and then I make them something simple so they have it as a keepsake. It cost me maybe $10 bucks for 3 and they are taking them to college whether they like it or not.
  • Options
    Last year McDonald's had trick or treat pails for October Happy Meal containers so we used that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"