October 2014 Moms

Re: .

• Loading the player...
  • Ummm....why exactly? Contractions with Pitocin are supposedly more painful and baby isn't even full term until 39 weeks. I'm confused.

DD - 4/9/08      DS1 - 7/26/12     DS2 - 10/7/14

• You can request whatever you want.  But like all PP's said, you likely won't get it.  I'm staying away from the rest of it that I learned from your post in 3rd tri...too easy.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I'm sorry, but what?!?  Why do you not want to go into labor naturally?  Do you have a medical reason?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You are probably going to get the same responces you did on the 3rd tri board..TT your Dr.

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• You just posted this in Third Tri like two days ago. Were their responses not good enough?
    I can't imagine their responses are any nicer than ours, that's for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OP, do you know much about inductions?? I think you need to read up on this stuff before you go in making bizarre requests. (any half decent midwife/OB will see this as bizarre) Many women and their providers do *everything they can* to increase the possibility of going into labor naturally at a safe time.

Do you not have any close friends that can watch your toddler?? If you have anxiety problems, you need to discuss it with your provider. It's a little late in the game, but definitely look into some breathing or relaxation methods.
  • You may request it. You probably won't be granted it. What's the rush? I'm a little scared for the response you might be fixing to get on here.
    Went for the gusto first with a post on third tri since the tri boards are easiest to rile up.  Then goes for O14.  Nope, not doing it today.

And her OP from third tri:

"Hey:) I'm 35 nearly 36weeks pregnant and I have a 3year old daughter...

I'm only 17 and I'm starting to panic about going in to labour at home as I don't want that to happen

I was wondering if I could ask my midwife and my consultant about getting induced when it's safe or on my due date due to quite a few reasons:
    Like I haven't many family members so If I went into labour suddenly there may not be anyone around to look after my daughter also I suffer wth panic attacks and I know if I go in labour at home it'll set them off and my daughter will hate to see me in pain as it really upsets her x"

Nope, not going there today.

So...she moved it up for us? She now wants the baby out at 38/39 weeks instead of her due date?
  • I'll go ahead and say it. If you are only 17 and already have two children, please get yourself on some sort of birth control after this. Seriously.
    I kept deleting my original response because I didn't want to be too judgy.  :|

Eh, it's the internet, were allowed to be judgy ;)

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited September 2014
    This is cray, cray. Relax and let labor come on it's own. When it does take a breath and make a decision who to call to watch you daughter, like an adult. Or better yet, ask someone to be ready to watch her when you call.

• Thanks for the QFP, Sinner!
    photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• She DD'd on 3rd tri too.
    It's a real shame that it's already been C&Pd in this thread too.

• How did I miss this gem? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• You can request it but they will most likely say no.
  • This is scary alright, 2 kids at 17.
    Plus super super sad at the same time.
    You should seriously seriously consider abstaining from sex for a while!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"