One & Done: Only child
Options

Intro - also in sticky

Glad I found this board. Anyway, it took me a long time to meet my husband. I did not get married until I was 34. The Great Recession put our family dreams on hold. Things looked better in 2011, so we tried and I got a BFP within a month of trying. Around the 16 week mark, my bp started to rise. I thought nothing of it. I started to swell around 27 weeks. Thought little about it. Then the OB who checked me out at 31 weeks freaked out and sent me to L&D. They told me to go on bed rest, but I told them I needed to work. Did not take them seriously until my 24 hour urine came back over 300. Ended up on bed rest for 3 weeks before they induced me at 37 weeks. My son came out OK, but my preeclampsia got worse. In fact, my readings got up to 200/100+ and I had the worst headache of my life a week after DS was born. Hubby took me back to the doctor and then I got readmitted. There were 6 people working on me and I got put on a mag drip. That is all I can remember. It took almost a year to get my bp back under control again. And, 2 years later, I am still struggling with my bp and thyroid. With that being said, being 40 now and all, I will most likely get pre-e again if I try for another child. I am the breadwinner of my household, and we cannot afford to have me out of work. And, there's the fear of me getting sick again and dying. Then, a part of me wants another child, because hubby and I both have siblings. However, we really are not that close to them, so maybe DS won't miss out that much. I am also very jaded by my postpartum experience in the fact that other people bonded with DS instead of me. Maybe I am looking for a "do over" experience where I can be healthy, BF, snuggle, bond, without being attached to a damn BP cuff! I have a toy poodle to fill the void. I am still at a crossroads on when to get rid of DS's baby stuff.... Thanks for reading!

Re: Intro - also in sticky

• Options
    Welcome!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    Hello and welcome-- that's some scary stuff.  Sorry you had to go through that, but I am glad you found us!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have many similarities. I met DH at 34 and married at 38. Somehow managed a BFP after just a few months. Ended up with bed rest and pre-eclampsia and an emergency induction. (I swear the BP cuff hurt even more than the contractions.) I'm the breadwinner. Etc. My BP did recover much faster, however. That sounds very rough.

It's tough when there are many reasons why it would be a bad risky idea to have another but they're not 100% impossible. Because you get those what-ifs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you find the board helpful and encouraging!  Welcome :)
  • Options
    Welcome!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    welcome! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with pregnancy and post-partum. I think you'll get some great support from this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"