Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

period after d&c

I had my d&c on September 5th. After my 2 week follow up my Dr said intercourse was ok. We had it a few days after that and it was fine. Then again a few days later and I spotted a bit after. Then the next day it was heavier. I can't tell if I'm bleeding because of my period or just from sex or the d&c. I had stopped bleeding a few days before the follow up... I just didn't know if the sex caused more bleeding. The bleeding isn't super heavy but it's enough to wear a pad for the past two days. At times it is brighter red, other times it's darker...

Re: period after d&c

• Sounds like it could be your period....mine came pretty quick after my D&C. It really felt like a whole month of bleeding. I downloads ovia..it is an app to track your cycles and when you could be ovulating. That helped. It may help if you just chart it to see if it is normal or something maybe you need to address with your OB if it goes onto long.
  • Now today I am hardly bleeding... ugh I am so confused. I think I should wait a little longer and see if I get something more like a period before we start trying again.

On the other hand, my doctor said if I were to get pregnant before my cycle it would be ok, it is just the the start of the period helps them to date things more accurately. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my period exactly a month after my d&c. I know it varies for each woman. I think you should ask your doctor this question. She probably could give you better guidance as to your particular situation.

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"