August 2013 Moms

Essential oils

Has anyone used essential oils for everyday things like congestion or tummy problems? Boosting immunity? I'm very curious but don't know where to start!

Re: Essential oils

• Yes! We use doterra. I love them! I'd recommend finding a wellness advocate in your area who has used them for a while to answer your questions and who can get you set up if your interested. You should be able to find a intro classes in your area as well that will give you some background on what oils can be used in various situations. It can be overwhelming at forts but once you start using them you quickly get the hang of it and how the oils work with your body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Thanks @j&jaggies06! I've read good things about DoTerra but wasn't sure bc of the pyramid scheme business model. It's difficult to find the truth when everyone is saying theirs is the best! Have you tried the On Guard or Breathe blends?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  Those are the two I use most.  On Guard is a daily application at our house.  I diffuse breathe when anyone gets a cold as well as apply topically.  I've been very pleased with how they support our body.  I am very lucky to have some great resources locally when I have a question.  

I've started using them to make things like insect repellent, hand soap, diaper cream, fruit and veggie rinse, room spray, hand sanitizer, etc with great luck.

Everyone will also say theirs is the best, especially if they are selling.  You just have to find what works best for your family.  I only use them, I do not sell them.  I have friends that use other brands that are also pleased.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Yes and I use Young Living. I'm a member of Young Living, but I do not sell. I'm currently using a vapor rub on Alexis that is very very very diluted amount of peppermint, eucalyptus and coconut oil and it's helping her a lot.

Young Living and DoTerra are the 2 big oil companies and there are a lot of smaller ones. You want to worry if one claims they can CURE things. Help with side effects, yes. Cure, no. DoTerra was started by some big wigs that left Young Living.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"