Parenting

What is the best dry cat food?

I'm looking for something made with free-range, pastured, organic and GMO-free ingredients, but something affordable! Momma ain't a millionaire LOL! 

Preferably seasoned with saffron, but that isn't a requirement. 

Any suggestions? 

Re: What is the best dry cat food?

• Haaaaaaa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • OMG I am super serious. Why is nobody helping me?????????

• Loading the player...
  • I hear lately wet food is better ... I tried to use it for awhile and tried to do some of both too but... my cats just do not do so well on it, I guess they've been ruined by all the dry food they had and vomit up the wet food .... plus I hate dealing with it.

I've heard a happy medium is Blue Buffalo if you're going to do dry food... the taste of it may be pretty different from what your cat is used to though, mine rejects it... so might be a good idea to do a slow introduction to wean your cat into it.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • I surely cannot afford wet food. 

• That this has turned into a serious chat about cat food is killing me deader than ded.
    I am beside myself with amusement.

• ColeRose said:
    omg I don't even know why I clicked on this link! DO NOT WANT

>:)

• edited September 2014
    FFMC -- Never convinced my cat to like the Blue Buffalo, she's kind of a bitch that apparently doesn't want to be healthier... so... she's still eating the devil's cat food, Purina (Purina One to be exact).  Probably not what people would see as the "best" choice but both my cats do just fine.

And my wallet appreciates it too.  The Purina One Beyond seems to be better possilbly (or at least the ingredients appear a little better).  But what do I know.  I'm sure I'd still get shamed over it since it's grocery store level food and it's all evil.

This is the sentiment pounded into my head by the shelter people we rescued our youngest cat from... it was kind of dramatic.  Like, I get their argument and I don't necessarily disagree but man... you'd think I'm spooning arsenic directly into their mouths unless it's WET, extra expensive special food.  Or if I MUST do dry food, I GUESS Blue Buffalo is ok.  Gawdalmighty. :/

I tried ... my cats hate me.

image  image
  • MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited September 2014
    Dudes...you all have some pretentious cats. My cat eats good ol Friskies. Is that the devil's cat food like Purina? Lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kind of tooth brush do you brush your cat's teeth with? That should determine whether you're ready for wet food. Sonicare, Oral B? Kitty braces?
  • jschmidt6 said:
    What kind of tooth brush do you brush your cat's teeth with? That should determine whether you're ready for wet food. Sonicare, Oral B? Kitty braces?
    Soft, natural bristles only, of course. No toothpaste, just filtered water.

• That this has turned into a serious chat about cat food is killing me deader than ded.
    Right? My original response was going to be "el-oh-el", but then I realized I actually had something to say on the topic. Huh.
    image image

• jschmidt6 said:

What kind of tooth brush do you brush your cat's teeth with? That should determine whether you're ready for wet food. Sonicare, Oral B? Kitty braces?

Soft, natural bristles only, of course. No toothpaste, just filtered water.

Seltzer water helps with the morning fishy breath
  • MrsT0514 said:
    Dudes...you all have some pretentious cats. My cat eats good ol Friskies. Is that the devil's cat food like Purina? Lol.
    According to the ladies from the rescue I got my cat from, any food you can get in a grocery store is pretty much created by Satan himself.

I don't agree.  But man, I felt like I was being interrogated lol ...so I feel like I have to "confess" if I declare that my cat still eats grocery store food.

image  image

• MrsT0514 said:

According to the ladies from the rescue I got my cat from, any food you can get in a grocery store is pretty much created by Satan himself.

I don't agree.  But man, I felt like I was being interrogated lol ...so I feel like I have to "confess" if I declare that my cat still eats grocery store food.

meh. Well that sucks! My cat seems to love his Friskies and he's been happy and healthy, so screw it!

Plus, i doubt we'd be able to afford tip top cat food without going into the poor housr...we have 2 adults, a toddler, (a baby on the way), a dog, and a cat, and a few chickens to feed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a real cat question. Are they supposed to go to the vet like every year or what? We just adopted one last year as a kitten and brought her in for shots and all that (was fixed at the shelter).  The dog's vet always sends a reminder card if the dog needs something.  The cat went to a different vet so I don't know if no reminder card means she's set for a while...like until she's due for the next shots...or if she's supposed to have some sort of annual exam and I should just call. This is my first cat so I don't know how they work.

I mean, obviously we love her and all that, but if it's not really necessary for her to go then we'll save the money for things like, I don't know, the children. But if I'm being a horrible pet owner then please school me.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• My dog drinks filtered water from the fridge. Damn snob.
  • Bonzo2011 said:
    @bearfootz‌ my cat gets yearly vet visits, and they've never sent a reminder. But some vets do the vaccines that are good for three years, so you might want to check the cats records or just call.

Thanks.  I'll call.  I was just wondering if her vaccines were all up to date if there's a reason to get her checked every year or if we can do every other (or if/when a concern comes up) and still be a responsible pet owner.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

So does mine. The cat drinks out of the toilet. (or will insist I fill a bowl with water for her while I brush my teeth)

jesuisfatiguee  please send a good looking #postpolice officer to give me a pat down

*Siggy Warning*

THIS IS NOT A RIBBON ABOUT DOGS, DAMN IT!!!!!!

#postpolice
    BUT I DON'T HAVE A CAT! FUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"