January 2014 Moms

The non-napper

DD has been much better at sleeping at night the past few months than she was for the first six or so (she can go 10 or 11 hours now) which is great. However she's never been a great daytime napper, and it's been getting worse! She usually naps twice during the day (occasionally three times) and each nap will be an hour at the most but more often 30 minutes or sometimes even less. Today she napped less than an hour in total all day! We just can't seem to get her to stay asleep and I have no idea what to try. I was thinking a more set schedule might help, but that's hard when she wakes up at a different time each morning and when her naps are different lengths all the time. I just read a thread about sleeping with a blanket seeming to help. Is there anything else I could try? She's healthy and happy and not crankier than the average baby, I would say, so maybe she's just one who doesn't need as much sleep, but I do still worry that she's not getting as much as she should. 

Re: The non-napper

• I had this same problem when she was very young. She would sleep great at night, but very short naps during the day (3 15 min naps if I was lucky). I just said, hey I will take no naps for longer sleep at night and not getting up during the night.

You could definitely try a bunch of stuff to see what works...don't have much to lose, right (since she's already not really napping)?

good luck to you!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"