June 2014 Moms
Options

How many formula ounces is your LO drinking per feed

My son will only drink 2-3 oz max at a time but drinks closer to every 3 hours. Just wondering what others are at for formula feeding. 

Re: How many formula ounces is your LO drinking per feed

• Options
    At 13 weeks: 5 oz a feed x 6-7 feeds daily
  • Options
    Mine is also taking 2oz max, occasionally 3 after her long stretch at night. The longest she goes between feedings during the day is 2 hours, it's exhausting. We bought some medium flow nipples this week to see if maybe she was just getting tired with the slow ones but she just made a huge mess & gagged on the medium flows so we went back to the slow ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jmar2011 said:

100ml/3hrs, 50ml formula, 50 ml bm although I'm wondering if it isn't too much for his stomach. I reduced him to 90 today and he is doing much better, I hate he's missing those few extra calories

My pedi says it's not possible to over feed because baby will just puke up the excess if they get too much.
  • Options
    CrysW08 said:
    Mine is also taking 2oz max, occasionally 3 after her long stretch at night. The longest she goes between feedings during the day is 2 hours, it's exhausting. We bought some medium flow nipples this week to see if maybe she was just getting tired with the slow ones but she just made a huge mess & gagged on the medium flows so we went back to the slow ones.
    i was going to try the next level too :( how long is the longest stretch at night? he has been up a lot more lately & i'm wondering if it's bc he isn't getting enough during the day. he is huge though. he is almost 15 lbs
  • Options

CrysW08 said:

i was going to try the next level too :( how long is the longest stretch at night? he has been up a lot more lately & i'm wondering if it's bc he isn't getting enough during the day. he is huge though. he is almost 15 lbs

How old is your LO?
  • Options
    4 oz every 2 hours.
  • Options
    7 ozs formula every 3ish hours
  • Options
    coffee89coffee89 member
    edited September 2014
    2 to 4 oz every 2-3 hours during the day. We get a 6 hour sleep stretch at night
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    She eats 6oz every 3 hours. She's 14.5 weeks and 14lbs. Her last feed of the day is at 6pm and she sleeps 730pm-6am. She averages 28oz/day. I thought she was eating too much but read that the pedi's rule of thumb is generally babies eat 2.5x their weight. For my LO that would be 36.5oz... She couldn't eat that if I tried to give it to her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wish this was a clicky poll!

We are about 6oz every 3-4hrs (breastmilk though). He's one week shy of four mos.
  • Options
    whoberrywhoberry member
    edited September 2014
    Usually 4 oz every 3 hours. But sometimes, especially in the morning, he only takes 2 and then wants to party. Eta: typos

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    4 oz of BM every 2 hours, 6-8 oz at her last feeding before a 10 hour night stretch
  • Options
    WHOA! Some of these babies that eat like 6 oz of BM and over...when did you first start doing this? My LO eats 4 oz at the most once every 3 hours...wondering if a solid 6 oz or more would help us at all at night but have never tried giving her more than 4. How did you know your baby was ready for more? My babe is about 14.5 pounds and 3.5 months. 
  • Options

At just over 14 weeks, she takes 4.5 oz every 3 hours while awake, and I still wake her twice a night to feed (total of 7 bottles a day). She is showing signs of being ready to increase that amount so we will be moving on to 5 oz per bottle soon.
    I'm very curious to see what others do, since our family seems to think that she doesn't eat enough, though her weight has consistently been between 50-55 %ile. She weighed 12lbs 3 oz at 3 months.

My baby weighs more and ears less. He eats ~4 oz every 2-4 hours. He was 12# at 8 weeks. He's 14 weeks.
  • Options
    4 months old, he eats 4oz every 3 hours.  I wish he was eating more, but as long as he's gaining weight and happy, that's good enough.

<3

• Options
    @Lcgroenewe‌ - I started upping the per feeding ounces after her 2 month appt. The pedi said she can take up to 6oz at that point so we increased slowly until she took 6oz without spitting any up. There are still times where she'll only eat 4oz but mostly it's a solid 6.

• Options

My LO drinks ~ 32oz a day usually 4oz at a time every 3/4 hours.  At least one feeding per day he wants 6 oz (this varies no idea why)  at night he sometimes "piggybacks" and will drink a total of 8 oz within 2 hours - not 8oz at one time.  He will sleep 5 hr before needing motn 4oz.

Am I a bad mom if I can't remember how many weeks old he is?  When people ask me now how old he is I usually say "almost 4 months" or "he will be 4 months on the 6th."  I think he's 16 weeks though

:-??

• Options
    CrysW08 said:
    How old is your LO?
    he just turned 16 weeks. will be 4 months on the 9th. 
  • Options
    LO is 12 weeks and is quite content with 4oz every 2.5-3 hours and gets 6 bottles a day. I make a 5 oz bottle in the morning for his first feeding since his last bottle is at 10pm and he finishes it usually. We did a 5 ouncer yesterday during the day though and he puked up quite a bit, so 4 oz it is!! :) 

• Options

CrysW08 said:

Her 1st stretch is usually 6-7 hours.
  • Options

CrysW08 said:

jmar2011 said:

100ml/3hrs, 50ml formula, 50 ml bm although I'm wondering if it isn't too much for his stomach. I reduced him to 90 today and he is doing much better, I hate he's missing those few extra calories

My pedi says it's not possible to over feed because baby will just puke up the excess if they get too much.
    Generally true, but @jmar2011‌ has a SS baby with some medical complications..
    Ahh, I was obviously unaware of that, sorry.

• Options
    @fawkes81 I actually just went and counted how many weeks.  I was off by a week in my guess.  Ever since he was 2 months, I've been saying, "2 months", "2.5 months" whatever.  We were going to stop counting the weeks at some point, right?

• Options
    She's sleeping through the night so first thing in the morning she'll drink 4 oz but typically through the day she drinks 3 every 3 hrs. Although sometimes its 2 and sometimes it's 4 oz. Plus she just went through a growth spurt and it was taking almost 6 to keep her happy.
  • Options
    My baby is drinking 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours. Our pedi said babe should be drinking an average of 1 oz per hour factoring naps and nightly sleep stretches. Sounds like your angel is right on track.
  • Options
    6 oz 6 or 7 times a day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"