July 2014 Moms
Options

working retail ... shall we vent?!?

Let 'er rip tater chip!

Re: working retail ... shall we vent?!?

• Options
    One word ... INVENTORY! ....
    esp with an idiot who's never done it before so I have to train him. I've done a ton of pre-counting today so hopefully when he gets here in an hour it won't take us horribly long.
  • Options
    I worked retail management for way to long. Nights, weekends, holidays....ughhh I aint never going back.
    image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I worked retail management for way to long. Nights, weekends, holidays....ughhh I aint never going back.

This. I remember all the horror and the relief when I gave my 2 weeks notice (back in 2009) and my store manager giving me crap. I then closed the store and locked my keys in the safe with a nice F*U letter and never went back. Best. Decision. Ever.
  • Options
    Afghhhhh my whole life. Today a girl had brought in scripts in her maiden name and was super pissed we hadnt figured out she was now divorced and her married name was in the computer, so we hadnt used her insurance.

Not a mind reader!!!!!
  • Options
    My first job was at Stride Rite. Kids were cute but the parents...ugh.

Customers are always the worst.
    hi

• Options
    I do not miss retail. Sadly, it looks like I may be going back there though.

My favourite thing was being mistaken for a superhero, because of my ability to read minds. Oh wait...

Also, being yelled at when the customer is wrong/a moron and still having to smile politely and apologise when I did nothing wrong. Such as being asked which chocolates are gluten free, saying all of the chocolates are gluten free (which was true) then the customer picking up a pack of cookies, reading the ingredients and getting mad that there's gluten in them and yelling at me for lying. Well yeah, they're cookies and you asked which chocolates were gluten free!
  • Options
    Mister and I met working in a bookstore in 1998. We had one customer that was a creeper. He would call and call the store and when a woman answered he would make us read the back covers to him over the phone and always put stuff on hold or order books and would never come to get them. We would just pretend, but he was such a creeper!

Then there were the guys and the pseudo skin mags., Blech. They'd take them to the bathroom.  And I don't understand why grown adults shit all over the walls in the public bathroom - and if they do CLEAN IT UP.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Before becoming a SAHD, I used to work Customer Assistance for a regional chain of electronics, furniture, and appliances - company now 20 feet under and people are still fighting over the buried carcass...  anyway.

I have all kinds of stories from Black Friday, dumb customers, and dumb employees.

People not understanding "as is" - no sir, there is no box.

No sir, I cannot use a major credit card to pay off your store credit card.

no ma'am, there is no cash discount. 

Sorry, there is no discount on Apple/Bose/Monster/whatever, the manufacturer sets the price.
    no, we can't just change it anyway.  I'm sorry, it isn't "cheaper at wal-mart" because they have to follow the same rules as us.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    An irk when I worked at a camera store: Constantly being told "It's so much cheaper on Amazon" and not being allowed to say "Order it from Amazon then."

A related irk: Constantly being asked how things work that the customer had bought on Amazon but didn't actually know how to use and about 60% of the time it not being compatible with the kit they had.
  • Options
    also, I love the fall season again. 
    I hated knowing I would have to work BF from 4 am until 10 pm.  I got out before they became really stupid and started opening on Thursday evening.
    I also hated working football Saturdays and Sundays because there was never any customers in the store, especially during Badger and Packer games.  at least I had giant tvs to watch the games on.

63 inch plasma with our choice of speakers
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    I'm a CSM at a walmart neighborhood market. I walked back into chaos. A few days before I came back, 2 cashiers were hauled out in handcuffs for coupon fraud and under scanning (pretending to scan product, and giving it to the customer). To the tune of almost $30k. The two customers involved continue to shop at our store. The police are still building a case against them. We have to play stupid in the meantime. They keep trying to pass off their fake coupons. We're denying them. One of the ladies lost her mind the other day and flipped out on us. Called corporate 4 times. It's been a mess.

And now all the remaining cashiers are all paranoid about every single coupon and price override. Even though they've all been investigated and cleared as innocent in the whole thing. It makes work quite interesting, to say the least.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"