Success after IF

Promised update (to a Secondary IF post; F/U re: # of Follies)

Hi everyone!

I promised on Secondary IF that I would follow up here to this post: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12433086/too-many-follies

Basically, during an IUI cycle, I had a high number of large-ish follicles, but based on the bloodwork, but doctor continued with the IUI cycle anyway. I was a little worried about HOM.

Anyway, The cycle was a success (yay!) and I had my first (early) ultrasound. I was only about 5 weeks, so nothing is definitive, but it looks like there is only one little bean in there. I'll have another U/S on Thursday, which will hopefully be more definitive. I'll reply to this thread with an update if folks are interested :)

Hopefully this helps people make a decision going forward.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Promised update (to a Secondary IF post; F/U re: # of Follies)

• Congrats! Of course you know that everyone's mileage may vary, for every situation like yours there is a j&k+8 or octomom.
    I'm very happy that it worked out for you. Wishing continued good luck.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Thank you! I too am very glad I will not be starring in a reality TV show in the near future. In my defense, however, the bloodwork did indicate I was NOT overstimulated, so I doubt I was in the same situation as Kate. I learned through this process the e2 levels are important to consider, not just the number of follicles present on the U/S, which I thought might be helpful for people to know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"