Working Moms
Options

Would this be worth it to you?

Hi Ladies,

I have the opportunity to teach an after school class.  It would be once a week for one hour and it runs for 6 weeks.  I am thinking it would be good extra money but:

1) I am 7 months pregnant and am already exhausted by my current teaching schedule.

2) My school hours are a bit different.  I teach a before school class so my schedule is adjusted and I finish at 2:40 even though school isn't officially out until 3:30.  The after school class would be from 3:30-4:30.

I'm trying to decide if the little bit of extra money (roughly $50) would be worth it for me to stay after school so much later than I normally do.  Usually I am out the door headed home by 2:45 or 3 the latest. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would this be worth it to you?

• Options
    For me, that would not be enough, especially in late pregnancy.  I'd say maybe next year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $50 total or $50 per class (is that a dumb question?) if you need the money its really not that much of a committment I think you could do it. If it were $50 total, then absolutely not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, it wouldn't be worth it to me.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Doesn't seem worth it.  You'd have the time between the classes and then you're already tired.   I agree with maybe next year.  Go home and rest at 3!

• Options
    djm31012 said:
    $50 total or $50 per class (is that a dumb question?) if you need the money its really not that much of a committment I think you could do it. If it were $50 total, then absolutely not.

$50 per class.  Yeah, I wouldn't even consider it if it were $50 total.
  • Options

Do you have kids at home now?  If not, I would do it.  If you do, I would not - rest and enjoy that time.  I'm all for a money grab if this is your first, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2chatter said:

Do you have kids at home now?  If not, I would do it.  If you do, I would not - rest and enjoy that time.  I'm all for a money grab if this is your first, though.

I have a 2 year old DD.  Also, I live about 30 minutes from school so if I do this class, by the time I pick DD up and get home it will most likely be 5:45.  Ok Ladies.  I think I'm leaning towards no.
  • Options

With a two year old and that much of a schedule change, no way would I do it.  Yuck.

• Options
    Yeah no way would I do this.
  • Options
    I would not do it for $50/class that far into pregnancy. Especially since you said you're already tired and this would make that day longer.
  • Options
    That would be a no for me too.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    As a fellow teacher, I advise against it. Last year, school ended at the beginning of my 8th month and I was so grateful to be able to put my feet up at that point. Even now, with a new year and new opportunity, $50 a week isn't worth it for me to lose my time with my brand new LO! Maybe once she's a year old and we have our bond and routine established, I can sacrifice a little time to bring in a little more for the family, but now, my attention is on her. But for you, I would say put those feet up!
  • Options
    Team No.  :)  I agree with a PP that it may be an option to consider in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"