August 2012 Moms
Options

Blankets in bed?

What are you doing these days to keep your LO warm while they sleep?

Now that's it's getting into the 60s inside at night (we don't have the heat on yet), I'm getting worried about how DD will stay warm! She's wearing cotton long-sleeved pjs, no socks to bed. She has a fleece blanket that I put over her when she first lays down but she's so mobile that it doesn't stay on for more than an hour. This blanket is too small to tuck in.

Last night I put a larger blanket on her after she fell asleep (not heavier, just bigger) and she woke up at 2am and FREAKED OUT about it. I had to take it out of her crib before she would calm down. I showed it to her again this morning - same reaction.

Is your kid ok with blankets? Should I just be going back to fleece footed pjs and sleep sacks?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blankets in bed?

• Options
    you could try using a twin-sized fleece blanket-- then you could tuck it in under the mattress and it might stay put. otherwise i'd go with the fleecy footed PJs or the toddler sleep sacks with the feet. DS only rarely sleeps in his crib (usually he's with us), but when he does he turns around 360 degrees, practically. so i'd probably be doing option 2 if he wasn't in our bed most of the time.

• Options
    We keep our house pretty cool in the summer so Jeffrey has been wearing pajama pants/shirt to bed, no socks, plus he has 2 small blankets. He snuggles with one and I always put the other one over him but he moves it around through the night. He sleeps fine but I plan to give him a warmer blanket when it gets colder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS doesn't stay under  his blanket, either.  As it gets colder I'll stick to footie pjs or socks probably.
  • Options
    vic8504vic8504 member
    edited September 2014
    When we switched DD over to a twin bed we started using a normal sheet on her bed. Now that it is getting colder here as well we have a thin twin sized blanket on her bed too. I really think going into the twin bed helped with blankets, she hated them in the crib.
     Most of the time if I go to check on her before going to bed she is still covered. Figure they are old enough now if she wakes up cold can pull blankets up. She also has her pillow and like 10 friends sleeping in her bed with her, every one of them has their own place.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Still rocking an XL sleep sack. Plus one large A+A swaddle blanket for cuddling and one small crochet blanket under her to warm up the crib sheet. But both those eventually get wadded up and pushed away.

• Options

Evie is still in her crib and will probably forever because I'm a big softie and she's my little baby girl (plus, she seems perfectly content.) When it's chilly at night she sleeps in fuzzy footie pj's, currently with two blankies - one is your regular soft blanket, the other is a light quilt that kind of holds things together. I usually find her in the morning at least partially covered, so I guess she's got covering up down. Then again, I've had her unswaddled and covered with a blanket since 9 months.

Pro-tip? Ask for warm, footie pj's for Christmas. When my in-laws asked what Evie would need (I veto'd any gifts besides books - house is small and she has PLENTY,) I suggested the pj's. We ended up with no fewer than 9 pairs that still fit her this fall.

• Options

DD is also still rocking the cotton footed pjs and an XL sleep sac.  (I had the cotton sleep sac in the summer and just started using the fleece one now that it is getting colder).  DD also likes to be covered up with 2 receving blankets, but she moved around so much that those little blankets are balled up in the corner of her crib before I am even in bed!  LOL!

They make bigger sleep sacs but they have feet holes.  Which is silly because I want her feet covered up!  I'm on the hunt for bigger sleep sacs without feet holes!

I guess I'll get "real" blankets when we transition her crib.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"