Success after IF
Options

Is it rude.... (Baby shower related)

I have yet to announce our pregnancy on FB. I just feel like it's such a personal thing and most of those people I haven't talked to in years. With that said, My baby shower is coming up in about 6.5 weeks and my sister texted me yesterday and asked for addresses of anyone else I want to add to her list. Well, a few people I want to add don't even know I'm pregnant. Is that awful!? Is it rude to have your pregnancy "announced" by getting a baby shower invite? A part of me would rather just not invite them to avoid the awkward-ness of the situation but I know they'd be upset to know they weren't even invited or included in my baby shower. Why am I so reluctant to announce at this point? I have no idea! haha

What would you do?
Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
New RE. Fresh Start
IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                             CGH Testing: 6 Normal
FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
Due January!

Re: Is it rude.... (Baby shower related)

• Options
    OOps! I meant to post this is PAIF! Eek! I guess I'll post in both places!
    Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

• Options
    Congrats on having a good problem :) enjoy your shower!

I ended up calling my godmother/great aunt and telling her we were pregnant before she got the shower invite. Maybe a call or email to these people?

We never announced my pregnancy on FB. About a month or so after I posted that J arrived. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SKLH‌ First of all congrats! Second, Can you just call the people you want to invite and let them in on the big news before you send them an invitation?
    One of my good friends from college did that.... She called me and announced that she was pregnant and that I would be getting a shower invite that week. I was surprised she didn't tell me sooner but I totally get it.
    I think people would be more hurt by not getting a shower invite.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Options
    I agree with send the invite and call them and tell them its coming.
  • Options
    I would agree, call or email those people that you want to invite ahead of time. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and still haven't announced it on FB. After 3 yrs of trying to get pregnant and being bombarded with the FB pregnancy announcements from friends, I'm much more sensitive about making that type of news public.

I had to call & email some friends who didn't know I was pregnant ahead of the baby shower invites being sent out. I simply stated that we were being extremely cautious with spreading our happy news and wanted to keep it quiet, everyone understood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"