September 2012 Moms

2 year molars

I don't feel anything, but the kid has been a crying mess for the last week.

She has been finding all "taggies" and constantly has her hands in her mouth.  Can I presume she is getting these?  What have you done to ease the pain?
Do the ears seem to be bothered as well?  I'd hate to wait until her 2 year appointment to find out she has been battling an ear infection.  

Thank you in advance.

Re: 2 year molars

• Yeah Colby is a mess. Drooling with everything in his mouth. I've heard that they crave milk when teething, so when she seems super upset try a small glass? If she doesn't have a fever and/or isn't pulling her ears I wouldn't be too worried about an ear infection.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are in the same boat, because its not like you can look in their mouth like you did when the other teeth were coming in.  Plus our son bites if you do now!

Will she tell you if the pain is bad?  We have been teaching DS to tell us ouchie or hurt when he has a boo boo or is in pain.  Then to point to the area.  Also when DS is really hurting he will actually ask for the Motrin and will feed himself the syringe of medicine (any other time he will spit the medicine back at you; its delightful!).  Other than the Motrin when needed which is very infrequent lots of liquids is the only thing we do (he always has access to a straw cup with water).  As he will not take any of the teething toys.

He does as you mentioned chew on his blanket and taggies.....

As for the possibility of an ear infection has she had a cold lately?  Is she not eating or waking up at night?  If DS has just gotten over a cold then stops eating and starts waking up in the middle of the night; then i get concerned.  Otherwise i just chalk his sticking his fingers in his ears to teething issues.  which he has been doing a lot of lately.  
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's probably molars, so if you're not seeing a fever or tugging at the ears, I would go with the usual comfort items for teething (and motrin or tylenol if it seems really bad).  

Aedan had a low grade fever last weekend and was drooling up a storm so we took a flashlight and checked his mouth.  One of his molars has just popped through.  I can't wait until teething is completely behind us!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• L got all her usual teething symptoms - loss of appetite, drool, rash on her face and butt, congestion, etc. At least I know they are coming!

Her amber necklace went back on her and we had to take care of the snot, so she got kids benadryl and something else with pain reliever in it. I also puller out the rest of the teething tablets I had. She seems to have her appetite back now that the snot is taken care of. Only 1 point of 1 tooth is through though. This might take a while. Fun times. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Molars suck. It sounds like them to me. B was a teething machine. Like he had all of them by his first birthday except is 2  year molars. We've been working on them ever since. He gets very irritated easily, a bit of drool and you just can't console him. We'll ask if he has an booboo or if his mouth/teeth hurt. He'll tell us he needs medicine and he'll gobble the stuff right up! No molar has popped through yet and we're going on 6+ months. Such torture for everyone. GL.

• DD has been the same way, putting fingers and everything else in her mouth. But I also don't feel anything yet. I've just been giving her teethers. She hasn't been too upset though.

• Yep, that's us too.

Every morning Hannah whines and sobs for like the first hour she is awake, and has had her hands in her mouth for weeks.

This morning she was crying while I was getting her dressed and said "I need medicine".  I asked her what hurt, and she pointed to her teeth and said "these".  So I gave her some tylenol and rubbed some orajel on her.  Poor kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"