Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long does/did your 1-2 week nurse for on each side?

DS will want to nurse for 20+ minutes per side I usually cut him off around 20 mins to switch sides or to be done. So in total he's nursing for about 45-50 mins. Does this sound about right?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How long does/did your 1-2 week nurse for on each side?

• When my little one was that young she did the same thing our nursing sessions would be anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour!
    Happily married for......
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO is 3 weeks on Friday, and for the first 1-2 weeks it did take him 20+ minutes per side as well. The past few days, it has been a little less time spent on each side, but not by much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is the same way...nursing takes anywhere from 45min to an hour.  He is four weeks and hasn't sped up the process yet!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Usually between 20-40 min, but I try to do one side per session unless she wants the other side too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • My DD is 10 weeks old and still nursing for 20-30 minutes on each side. Mostly it's consistent for the first 15 mins or so and sometimes the last 5-10 minutes it feels like she's just suckling but I'm afraid to pull her off early and not drain my breast since I have issues with low supply.
  • mine is 2 weeks and is nursing for 20+ min on each side but also wants to eat again in an hour or so :/
  • I think it just varies so much for every newborn.  My son would never nurse for more than 5-7 minutes and on one side only, and has no issues with weight gain.   If you have access to a baby scale, you can weigh him, and then nurse him, and weigh him again to get an idea of how many ounces of milk he/she drank.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"