September 2012 Moms

Witty, wacky or wild Wednesday

Good morning, ladies! Tell me something fun :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Witty, wacky or wild Wednesday

• We went to a friend's wedding this past Saturday and I got rip-roaring drunk... like, embarrassingly so. I haven't drank in at least a year but kind of forgot about that once I started getting drinks. I'm told I threw up on the bar floor :S. Pretty klassy.
    I spent ALL DANG DAY yesterday marking items for a big consignment sale, and am going shopping at the pre sale tonight, which I'm super excited about. It was pretty big last year, but looked to be much larger this year! I'm hoping to get the kids' winter wardrobe finished up tonight.

Annnnnnd, fun fact that I learned. Ya know how banana flavored candy doesn't really taste like bananas?? Well, apparently back in the day, the bananas that were sold were a different variety than what we are used to now. The banana flavoring is based off of the other variety of banana! 
  • Loading the player...
  • shiggybop said:
    My strange neighbors across the street are out in their yard with a mop and bucket. They are mopping their grass. No, it's not AstroTurf or fake grass. They do this weekly. They also go out at night and garden with flashlights. They're out there constantly, yet their yard and landscaping still has weeds and doesn't look like anything special. Obviously they're ax murderers or something.
    They should meet my neighbor who vacuums his driveway! They'd get along great!

• edited September 2014
    Ethan is just the cutest, happiest boy. I actually look forward to getting up at 6 a.m. To see him smiling and dancing back and forth in his crib. He snuck behind Maya's door this morning to play with the doorstop before she saw him and scared the hell out of her. I couldn't help but laugh. He looked around the edge of the door like "What??" Kohls lost an order I placed two weeks ago and now Maya has no pants for school. It will be 65 degrees tomorrow. I have to find pants somewhere today. What a pain in the ass. ETA: apparently the iPad hates spacing
  • Every.single.day at shortly after 10 and again at 3, my work email goes down. Every day. I think it's a sign.

• My husbands grandma vacuums her driveway as do all her neighbors it's so weird.
    I am trying to resist my husbands urges to redo the living room right now. He wants to do new couches, a new TV and possibly new floors. While I don't think its a bad idea, I just don't want a new couch with a toddler, but he pointed out then we'd have to wait to get a new couch for like 10 years because we plan on having more.
    I'm also unreasonably sad that we're getting new windows. They'll save us money on our gas bill but I love my poured glass windows :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • I have a cold and I'm being a baby about it. I have so much to do before Saturday I'm ready to just give up and it is what it is. But I love entertaining and doing this stuff. I'm just upset that I am so tired and just don't want to do any of it when I really do. Plus I've already spent the money on all this crap. It needs to be used. I've actually shifted a ton of food responsibilities to other people. I never do that.
  • melody921 said:
    smb+jab said:
    on the topic of cute things your kid says.  Monday after DS's 2 year check up I took him out for lunch and then to Old Navy to see if we could find some good deals on fall clothes.  I ended up finding him two long sleeve shirts and a pair of pants with the adjustable waist - not bad but they lured me in with hope of a 50% off sale when really things were 30 or 40% off! grr

As we are walking out i tell him "well we got you two new shirts and a pair of pants for school" and he turns to me and says " thank you mommy"  I about died!
    We hit the ON sale hard on Saturday. DS is SO picky about what he will wear, so I kept holding up articles of clothing and asking if he liked them. Everything he liked went in the basket. $150 or so later, he's outfitted for fall. It was a miracle.
    That is awesome!  Mine is getting opinionated on what he is wearing too.  I give him a choice of two options now in the morning.  it seems to work.  However we also had to evacuate ON quickly.  I thought DS was admiring a cute outfit on a a mannequin however he was taking a very stinky poop!   he did get the outfit on the manequin though!!! 
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Pumpkin bagels with cream cheese are the best!
    Who sells pumpkin bagels? I need one of these!

• My husbands grandma vacuums her driveway as do all her neighbors it's so weird. I am trying to resist my husbands urges to redo the living room right now. He wants to do new couches, a new TV and possibly new floors. While I don't think its a bad idea, I just don't want a new couch with a toddler, but he pointed out then we'd have to wait to get a new couch for like 10 years because we plan on having more. I'm also unreasonably sad that we're getting new windows. They'll save us money on our gas bill but I love my poured glass windows :(
    DH and I are the opposite! I'm always pushing for the new furniture, flooring, etc. and he's encouraging waiting until the kids aren't so young and wild, lol.

• I have a cold and I'm being a baby about it. I have so much to do before Saturday I'm ready to just give up and it is what it is. But I love entertaining and doing this stuff. I'm just upset that I am so tired and just don't want to do any of it when I really do. Plus I've already spent the money on all this crap. It needs to be used. I've actually shifted a ton of food responsibilities to other people. I never do that.
    If people are willing to help, let them. It took me a long time to be able to accept help from family or anyone, and I still try to do most things on my own. But in this case, when you aren't feeling up to par, definitely let them pitch in. At the end of the day, all that matters is that DD has a nice day, and she will.

• @misscheapandchic and melody921 -  right before DS we got a new sofa and over-sized chair set and on the advise of my mom we got the protection plan / cleaning plan.  which is good for the life of the furniture.  My mom got it for her and this was just given how messy her grown adult children are :)  but you don't clean with anything but water and if you cannot get it out you call a number and someone comes to the house and cleans it for free.  it wasn't expensive and is totally worth it. everything DS (and our friends!) have gotten on it thus far (foods and beverages) have come out with just a wet wipe.  so something to consider :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Pumpkin bagels with cream cheese are the best!
    Who sells pumpkin bagels? I need one of these!
    I made them myself. I'm sure you could find them some where. Pumpkin spice stuff is every where now.
    Damn it!  I was all excited for a second.  Unless you can come to my house and drop some off! :)

Panera made a delicious one years ago (i think it was like 15!) that was amazing with their honey walnut cream cheese, but alas i have not been able to find a pumpkin bagel since!

my read shelf:

• Now that we have settled into a routine for school in the mornings I have started the couch to 5k. Not that I'm running a 5k, but I needed a guideline to start. I get all of us ready in the morning and when we go out to get V on the bus I take the dog out on the leash. Once V is on the bus I put M in the stroller and off we go. But my tennis shoes are really old and they are giving me blisters.
    Good luck!  C25K is a great place to start.  It starts slow which is nice and if you stick to it, it gets easier each week.  

If you can, I'd invest in new tennis shoes.  Getting blisters when you run will definitely deter you from continuing.  And when my shoes get really old, my knees and ankles start to hurt as well because I don't get enough support.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Happy birthday, Aedan!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I have put together a plan on paper for James' birthday. I want to get disposable cameras for the kids to use during the party. Why is it that water proof cameras are cheaper than regular cameras? They have good reviews for using on land so plastic case cameras it is. Guess it will be good for grubby kid hands anyways.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• smb+jab said:
    @misscheapandchic and melody921 -  right before DS we got a new sofa and over-sized chair set and on the advise of my mom we got the protection plan / cleaning plan.  which is good for the life of the furniture.  My mom got it for her and this was just given how messy her grown adult children are :)  but you don't clean with anything but water and if you cannot get it out you call a number and someone comes to the house and cleans it for free.  it wasn't expensive and is totally worth it. everything DS (and our friends!) have gotten on it thus far (foods and beverages) have come out with just a wet wipe.  so something to consider :)
    We have this on our furniture. It's flooring currently that DH is worried will get ruined.

• kelbel527 said:
    Aedan is 2 today!  

We made Mickey Mouse pancakes this morning kick off the celebration (to which my 4yo told me I did it wrong, and I had to redo it, then DH had to redo it - but Aedan was happy!)  

I've been traveling for work all week and both boys were so excited to see me this morning.  It feels good to be missed.  :)

Our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party is on Saturday and I have off all day Friday to prep.  I love birthday parties!
    Happy birthday, Aedan!

• kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited September 2014
    melody921 said:
    My husbands grandma vacuums her driveway as do all her neighbors it's so weird. I am trying to resist my husbands urges to redo the living room right now. He wants to do new couches, a new TV and possibly new floors. While I don't think its a bad idea, I just don't want a new couch with a toddler, but he pointed out then we'd have to wait to get a new couch for like 10 years because we plan on having more. I'm also unreasonably sad that we're getting new windows. They'll save us money on our gas bill but I love my poured glass windows :(
    DH and I are the opposite! I'm always pushing for the new furniture, flooring, etc. and he's encouraging waiting until the kids aren't so young and wild, lol.
    Same boat here.  DH talked me out of upgrading our carpet too much when we picked out the flooring in our new house (more even because of the dogs than the kids).  To be fair we had 2 adults spill red wine on the carpet in our old house and another one spill orange soda.  I probably should stop letting people drink in our living room.  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• melody921 said:
    smb+jab said:
    @misscheapandchic and melody921 -  right before DS we got a new sofa and over-sized chair set and on the advise of my mom we got the protection plan / cleaning plan.  which is good for the life of the furniture.  My mom got it for her and this was just given how messy her grown adult children are :)  but you don't clean with anything but water and if you cannot get it out you call a number and someone comes to the house and cleans it for free.  it wasn't expensive and is totally worth it. everything DS (and our friends!) have gotten on it thus far (foods and beverages) have come out with just a wet wipe.  so something to consider :)
    We have this on our furniture. It's flooring currently that DH is worried will get ruined.
    We have the same problem.  Our first floor (both living rooms - rest is hardwood and tile in the kitchen) and our second floor (every bedroom) have white carpet.  And even before DS that was bad for us!  We decided to wait until after DS is older to upgrade and bought a spot bot to deal with the messes.  It helps some :)

I think we all need sippy cups!
    my read shelf:

• smb+jab said:
    melody921 said:
    smb+jab said:
    We have the same problem.  Our first floor (both living rooms - rest is hardwood and tile in the kitchen) and our second floor (every bedroom) have white carpet.  And even before DS that was bad for us!  We decided to wait until after DS is older to upgrade and bought a spot bot to deal with the messes.  It helps some :)

I think we all need sippy cups!
    Yeah, I'm guilty of spilling coffee. DH is often worried even more about the pets than the kids.

• A co-worker is complaining about another co-worker who is out because his daughter is sick. By sick, I mean there's something really wrong with his child and they are having testing done on her. The lady that's complaining about him doesn't have kids and obviously isn't getting what it's like to have a really sick kid. She's complaining about her work load. Grrrr... really?

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• MommaP12MommaP12 member
    edited September 2014
    Happy Birthday Ethan and Aedan.

A work dinner I was attending was cancelled tonight.  I'm half happy I get to go home and see the kids/DH but half bummed that I now have to go home and cook dinner and not eat at a fancy restaurant.

I'm selling so many things via my neighbohood's BST on Facebook and the listserv my town has as well and putting it into an envelope for Christmas shopping.  I'm consigning DD's winter/fall wardrobe from last year at a sale on 10/7 and hope I get about $50 from that.

Maybe a FFWC - I have an Ergo I got off Mamabargains and never used once that I'm going to try to sell for $60.   ETA I think I paid $90 for it on Mamabargains so I'd like to get 2/3 of that back since it's brand new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Eastie156 said:
    Ethan is two today :) <:-P
    Happy Birthday Ethan!!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Eastie156 said:
    Ethan is two today :) <:-P
    Happy birthday, Ethan!

• MommaP12 said:

A work dinner I was attending was cancelled tonight.  I'm half happy I get to go home and see the kids/DH but half bummed that I now have to go home and cook dinner and not eat at a fancy restaurant.

I'm selling so many things via my neighbohood's BST on Facebook and the listserv my town has as well and putting it into an envelope for Christmas shopping.  I'm consigning DD's winter/fall wardrobe from last year at a sale on 10/7 and hope I get about $50 from that.

Maybe a FFWC - I have an Ergo I got off Mamabargains and never used once that I'm going to try to sell for $60.   ETA I think I paid $90 for it on Mamabargains so I'd like to get 2/3 of that back since it's brand new.
    What were your DH and the kids planning to eat when you weren't there? Maybe he'll still cook! Or order pizza :-)

I don't think that's an unreasonable asking price for a previously-owned Ergo at all.

• Happy Birthday Aedan and Ethan!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I'm a little frustrated with DC over some stuff with Ben.

I had him on a pretty good 4.5oz bottle, every 4 hours during the day schedule.  His bottles have to be weighed down with rice cereal (per our pedi) because the nutramigen consistency is so thin, and on top of our existing spit up issue, he wouldn't take the bottles as-is. So he is getting really filling bottles, and had no problems going 4 hours in between feedings.  So when he started DC, I wrote out his feeding schedule, any little quirks, all of that.

Well, he's all out of whack now and yesterday they fed him basically every 2 hours, so he wasn't finishing bottles, and then he actually WAS getting hungry more quickly.

And when I walked in for pick up at 5:15, they were feeding him.  Bedtime is 7pm, so he ate 1.5oz for his bedtime bottle, so he got up earlier for his feeding, and it just snowballed from there.

Literally, one of his feedings was a half ounce.  

H does drop offs, so I told him to bring it up with the girl who runs his infant room, and I feel like the way he said he approached it, makes it sound like we are starving our kid.

• melody921 said:
    MommaP12 said:

What were your DH and the kids planning to eat when you weren't there? Maybe he'll still cook! Or order pizza :-)

I don't think that's an unreasonable asking price for a previously-owned Ergo at all.
    @melody921 they were probably ordering pizza.  :)   Thanks for the feedback that $60 isn't too much.  It's in mint condition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Happy Birthday Aedan and Ethan!

My random thoughts: Putting together a collage of Carter's grandparents for a special Grandparents Day breakfast his Center is having tomorrow morning. None of his g-parents live close enough to attend, but he'll get to see their pictures and DH is sitting in as "grandpa!" haha

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dog keeps vomiting, so this afternoon I'm taking both kids with me to the vet. DH has a job that needs to be finished by tomorrow so he's been working 7-7 this week and then going back from 8-10. I feel terrible for him and can't wait for it to be done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"