September 2013 Moms

Happy TTT!

It's Tuesday, time for ten things you want to share! Give it to us mamas of toddlers :((

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Happy TTT!

• 1. We had D's first birthday party this Saturday. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great turn out, but it was so exhausting! I said no more party parties till she's in school!

2. Tomorrow is her actual first birthday. It's crazy to think I woke up in excruciating pain from contractions right around this time one year ago and called my H to come home from work since my ob told me to go to triage instead of my 40-41 week appt.!

3. I hate that fall = colds. I love fall for all other reasons but I swear as soon as fall comes my body is like, "HAHA, tis not fall until you have a shitty cold. You're welcome."

4. I am not looking forward to 1 year shots on Thursday. I scheduled her 1 year well check the day after her birthday so she could have an enjoyable day, shots free.

5. My ILs were so helpful with everything this past weekend for D's party. I am really lucky they are as awesome as they are. Sometimes they make me batty but overall they're wonderful.

6. I wonder how the s13 mamas that were due this September are doing and if they've had their LOs yet!? @kimberlymacrae‌ @HCollums or however it was spelled, how are you?

7. I can't wait for H to get back from DC tonight. I'm usually pretty good when he's traveling but being sick and tired, I really could use a 2nd pair of hands.

8. I'm currently at the podiatrist because I've had pain in my feet for awhile, basically as long as I can remember and just attributed to working out and running, etc. At my first appointment she basically told me I have some of the worst feet possible. She sent me for X-rays so I'm anxious to find out all of the issues.

9. Re #8 I refuse to wear those hideously ugly medical shoes that looks like my grandmother's shoes. If I can't wear inserts to help the problem I may say oh well and deal with it.

10. My podiatrist reminds me off grandma. She wears those hideous medical shoes. I rest my case.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • @jnetx LO has been taking 30 minute naps for a few days now!! It's so frustrating, she's so, so grumpy but wakes up so soon! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • munchkinsmamamunchkinsmama member
    edited September 2014
    1. DS has been walking for about a week but still seems surprised ever time he makes it to his destination without falling

2. I'm feeling super stressed about TTC and am already disappointed I don't think I'm pregnant this cycle.

3. I have been stress eating a lot.

4. I just ate taco bell just in case I am pregnant.

5. Last pregnancy all junk food made me sick.

6. I'm frustrated by the lack of time I have with DS.

7. My last four 10 things didn't post so I'm editing, annoying.

8. I don't want to go back to work from my lunch break, it's beautiful outside.

9. I need to exchange some of DS birthday presents.

10. I'm pretty sure taco bell was a bad decision.
  • 1. I still can't believe LO is 1! It goes by just as fast as everyone says. She had such a good time at her party but man it was stressful planning it all. Next year i am keeping it simple.
    2. LO has totally mastered walking. I love watching her walk I think it's the cutest thing!
    3. I've been back at work for about 3 weeks now and have finally adjusted to leaving her, even though it still sucks I don't feel as anxious and sad about it now.
    4. My tailbone has been hurting the past month or so. I thought it would go away but it's just been getting worse. I can't put any pressure on it without it hurting. Getting up from sitting isthe worst. I have a docs appt on Friday so I'm anxious to see what he thinks it is. Wondering if it could be related to child birth but seems a bit late to flare up like that?
    5. I took the granted all the extra time I had to visit friends and family, spend time with my hubby, do housework and cooking when I was off on mat leave. I need to learn how to balance everything once again...
    6. I am stoked I happen to get Christmas and Boxing Day off this year. I am so looking forward to the holidays this year. Especially since I won't have a crying 3 month old hanging off my tit all day ;)
    7. Usually we always go to my parents for Christmas but this year we are going to have it at our place. It will be the first Christmas since my parents have seperated so deciding who's coming for what portion of the day might be a bit tricky.
    8. I have been so tired all week. All I want is my bed!
    9. I have been eating cake everyday since Saturday.
    10. Time for some dinner, mm stew!!
  • bermybabe68bermybabe68 member
    edited September 2014
    1. I have the next 3 days off work. I'll probably spend most of it organizing DDs party on Saturday. I hope to carve out an afternoon of just me laying on the couch with chocolate and wine watching crap tv.
    2. I'm starting to get sick too. Woke up with a stuff nose and sore throat this morning. Lame.
    3. This made me laugh. Oh the things we have to look forward to https://www.dose.com/lists/3604/34-Hilarious-Photos-Of-Kids-Losing-It-Over-NOTHING 4. My moms best friends DIL is being a real bitch to my mums friend lately. Mums BF has no idea if she offended her DIL and asked repeatedly if she said or did something to upset DIL (this started months ago. Things just went dead out of the blue). DIL won't respond and her son doesn't seem to be doing anything about the situation either. Son and DIL just had their first baby 4-5 weeks ago and mums friend was over the moon excited about it (she even quit smoking 2 yrs ago JUST in anticipation of grandchildren). DIL won't let mums friend see the baby much. I just saw on Facebook that DIL, her hubby, baby, DILs parents, DILs brother and his girlfriend just had professional photos taken of themselves with the baby. I can not believe they did not include my mums friend!!! Beyond tacky and I'm absolutely disgusted. My opinion of DIL (who I've always gotten on well with) is deteriorating very quickly. (Sorry if this story is long winded and doesn't make sense. I'm fuming while writing it).
    5. Typing on an ipad blows.
    6. I've gained 10+ lbs since I stopped nursing 3 months ago. All of my new scrubs I bought 6 months ago no longer fit. $#&@! Maybe I should eat a salad instead of chocolate on my afternoon off.
    . 7. I'm trying to get DDs passport ASAP so we can get to Canada to see DHs side of the family.
    8. DHs mom and aunt keep sending me messages on Facebook asking when we are coming. Why can they ask DH for a change??? FFS I hate how everything falls on my shoulders all of the time because I'm the wife? I feel like a 1950 housewife running the household sometimes, but add a full time job to the equation.
    9. I'm probably rambling, have a load of spelling/grammar mistakes and make no sense at all. I'm blaming it on feeling like crap, typing on an ipad, tiredness and a sprinkle of laziness. Sorry ladies.
    10 To end on a happy note (for me at least), I had one of 'those' types of dreams last night. I haven't had a hot and steamy dream in a long time! Sadly I woke up before the happy ending.

• 1. I love brunch @jojo1112‌

2. I'm nursing LO back to sleep. She's been having 1-2 wake ups at night because she's cutting one of her front top teeth.

3. LO birthday is Thursday. I don't know how emotional I'll be but I do know I will want to reminisce and talk about it a lot with DH.

4. LO party is on Saturday at the family camp. It is supposed to be 75 and sunny, can't get more perfect than that for a NY fall day :)

5. I'm trying to not get to stressed about the party but i think it's inevitable. Everyone is offering to help me but really there's just little things to do that all add up. Sometimes it's just easier for me to do it, especially if someone watches LO.

6. I absolutely cannot stand when people just stop by your house without notice, especially when they expect to stay and hang out. You have a cell phone for a reason, use it!

7. MIL and FIL stopped by Sunday night without any notice, DH was working on my car in the garage and I was in no mood for visitors, I had a splitting headache and was just bumming around the house with LO. They stayed for over 2 hours.

8. LO hair is finally starting to grow, she has some sections on the back and sides where her hair is a couple inches long, you just can't barely see it because it's so fine and light. I can't wait until I can put a cute clip in her hair (if she let's me)!

9. Relating to #4. We're having a campfire going during the party and will be having a smore bar that will include toasted coconut, strawberry, chocolate & vanilla, and regular marshmallows. Kit kats, pb cups, milk and dark chocolate. Nutella and of course chocolate, cinnamon and honey graham crackers. I hope everyone has fun with it!

10. LO finally fell alseep up on my shoulder and I feel like I can sit here all day snuggling my baby (not toddler ;) ) but I desperately need a cup of coffee, decisions decisions...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"