September 2012 Moms

Tuesday chatter

Re: Tuesday chatter

• melody921 said:

melody921 said:

Inspired by the shit-tastic customer service at Screaming Owl, I bitched them out on their FB page. They didn't respond or remove my comment. Further proof they are imbeciles.

They have the cutest turkey dress, but all I can think about is your guys' experience every time I see it.

I saw that dress! Cute, but don't succumb to the pressure, lol. You'll end up having it arrive for Christmas.

This. I am never ordering from them again. They're a mess.
  • @Holly_1007 I hope you get the car seat thing figured, but good luck with your interview!!!

I never even heard of Screaming Owl so I'll just act like I still haven't given their shipping/customer service! 
    <:-P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @hmp1‌ OMG I love that table! Our coffee table is so trashed. Now I just have to figure out where I can buy it.
  • PokedotPokedot member
    edited September 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Pokedot said:
    I feel like the other flavors of Oreos never live up to the hype for me. I'm always disappointed.

I tried the cookie batter (?) ones and they tasted nothing like I thought. They actually tasted nutty to me which was very strange.

I think DH and I decided on a train table for B for Christmas. Anyone have recommendations?  We're not going all out like the last 2 years. I think he'll get that from Santa and a few odds and ends from us. We're going to Mexico the first week in December. Mama needs vacation money :)

Also the mosquitoes last night were out of control. It was gorgeous out so we went to the park. I had no idea how bad DS got bit up. He had like 6 bites on his neck alone. Poor kid. That probably looked really cute dropping him off at DC today.

Mosquitoes love Leo and he is very sensitive to them so he puffs up. It is sad really. 

We went with an activity table with a lip instead of the traditional train tables with the painted scenery. I just liked the look better. Our table has two large rolling drawers under it. We keep all the trains, tracks, hot wheels, and hot wheels tracks in them along with puzzles and games that we also use the table for. I thought about gluing the train track together as I read many reviews that did that but they really like building the track and making it super long on the floor sometimes too.

Amazon doesn't have our table anymore, but it is Summerside Activity Table
    Summerside Activity Table with 2 Drawers

This would match our furniture wonderfully. I'm on the hunt now HMP! Thanks! Also I balloon up as well as Bennett does. Poor kids! Hope Leo isn't too bothered by them!

• I went to Target today for a few things, and ended up spending $115. On the bright side I saved $65 and totally stocked up on ground turkey and ground beef. I won't need much next grocery shopping trip.

I got cotton candy grapes today. They don't taste like cotton candy. Very disappointing.

I'm really sick of having no debit card. I wish my bank printed them right away.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • @Pokedot‌ Let me know if you find. I'm looking too!
  • @Pokedot‌ Let me know if you find. I'm looking too!
    Sorry, my second wild goose chase this week. I bought it for James' first birthday.

This is way more expensive than what I paid, but PBK makes a very similar table.
    Carolina Grow with You Activity Table and Carts with Low Legs, Sun Valley Espresso

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• And if you want to DIY it, here are the Ana White plans for the knock off PBK table and drawers.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I finally got to pet my stray cat I've been courting!  He is SOOO sweet, and so unfortunate looking.  I don't know if it was scabs or fleas I was feeling, but it was getting my gagger to pet him.  He's so weird looking - all black, short hair except on his tail, square face, skinny, then these HUGE feet.  He has poop in his tail.  I'm trying to think of my plan here.

I'm giving him water and food twice a day now.  I think I'll let him get used to me the rest of this week.  I need to buy a heated cat bed or house, but know that a house would have to have two doors because a feral won't go in a place with only one way out.  I want to keep it in my garage this winter, but worry that he'll poop all over.  Next week I hope he'll let me put him in a carrier to take him to the vet for neutering, flea spot, and I am going to ask if they will do a bath.  His name is Stanley Pickle :x  Any tips?
    All I can say is, good luck! there was a black stray coming up on our back porch in February when it was freezing. I kept putting out water and canned food for him and he would come every day. I got a trap from the humane shelter, brought him inside the house, locked us in the bathroom and turned that fucker loose. BAD IDEA! He literally tried to climb the wall. He let me pick him up and then went crazy cakes. I took him to my dad, and turns out David Copperfield was not able to be tamed. ha! 

Seriously, I would try to get him to warm up and get him to the vet to get checked out. You could get an open pan litter tray, and he might surprise you and use a hooded litter box. I am partial to black kitties :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @melody921 I realize this is probably too late, but...

I'm pretty sure if you go to your local BBB and they don't carry an item, they'll ship it to you for free, even if the site would have you pay for shipping. 

@holly_1007 I'd definitely arrange a car swap.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who hasn't done it before installing carseats without my checking them for safety before my kids get in. 
  • I just submitted all the paperwork to write up my problem employee.....

Why am I so nervous now?  :-/ :-S

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• LOL @jenndub, I appreciate you having my back. And I'm so excited for your next adorable LO to arrive!

• BobKat22 said:
    melody921 said:
    OK ladies, am I a cheap ass, or is this ridiculous? I'm trying to purchase a baby shower gift from Buy Buy Baby. I have a 20 percent off coupon, but shipping is still going to come to $16! that completely negates the discount I'm getting. WTH. I'm inclined to choose another item just bc it ships for free.
    Does Amazon sell it? If you are only buying it at BBB because she is registered there, I would buy it where ever it is cheaper and include a gift receipt.
    ETA: nevermind, I see you are trying to use your coupon. I would still check Amazon to see if it is cheaper though.
    This is what I was about to say. Or any other store where the final price is cheaper. I'm over registries. I think just getting an item on the registry regardless of where it actually comes from is more than nice.
    I hate the idea of someone getting duplicates though just bc I went renegade.

• @Pokedot‌ and anyone else who may be interested, I found this one that looks similar. https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Makena-Kids-Activity-Table/7286221/product.html?searchidx=0
    That is super close. I don't think DH would be on board with the price though! I found one at TRU I like but it's a train table. He already has so many areas he can play including tables that it would probably work for us. This will stay in the basement play room anyway. Good job hunting!

• BobKat22 said:
    I have no clue how to install a car seat. DH makes it look so difficult to get a tight install. Like he takes hours every single time and he's really strong. I just figure there is no way I could get it tight enough if he struggles. He must be doing something wrong. Maybe I'll try to install the babies car seat myself this week to try it out.
    It's not that hard, like at all. Matter of fact I reinstalled B's seats FF a few weeks ago by myself then had DH come behind me to make sure they were tight. He couldn't tighten them anymore than me :) If you're worried bring it to the police station to have them register it and make sure it's proper.

• melody921 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    melody921 said:
    OK ladies, am I a cheap ass, or is this ridiculous? I'm trying to purchase a baby shower gift from Buy Buy Baby. I have a 20 percent off coupon, but shipping is still going to come to $16! that completely negates the discount I'm getting. WTH. I'm inclined to choose another item just bc it ships for free.
    Does Amazon sell it? If you are only buying it at BBB because she is registered there, I would buy it where ever it is cheaper and include a gift receipt.
    ETA: nevermind, I see you are trying to use your coupon. I would still check Amazon to see if it is cheaper though.
    This is what I was about to say. Or any other store where the final price is cheaper. I'm over registries. I think just getting an item on the registry regardless of where it actually comes from is more than nice.

Meh, to me, returning a duplicate is just money toward getting something else I want or didn't even think I needed that I now need desperately. Like getting money without saying "Give me money." I don't think it's a big deal.
    This! I didn't mind getting duplicates because I had some fun shopping on my own. I actually returned several things then kept the g/c for when I needed something or wanted it. I did however get 5 rubber duckies. I mean really people? Check the registry.

• Pokedot said:
    melody921 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    melody921 said:

Meh, to me, returning a duplicate is just money toward getting something else I want or didn't even think I needed that I now need desperately. Like getting money without saying "Give me money." I don't think it's a big deal.
    This! I didn't mind getting duplicates because I had some fun shopping on my own. I actually returned several things then kept the g/c for when I needed something or wanted it. I did however get 5 rubber duckies. I mean really people? Check the registry.
    You can never have enough rubber duckies. Just ask my DD. This goes for all bath toys, in fact.

• melody921 said:
    Pokedot said:
    melody921 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    melody921 said:

You can never have enough rubber duckies. Just ask my DD. This goes for all bath toys, in fact.
    Oh yes you can hahaha. I returned all but one. He has so many other bath toys. He actually prefers to bring matchbox cars in the bath. Whatever works I guess! ;)

• watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited September 2014
    BobKat22 said:
    Even with registries, they still screw you over. I had one at BRU. Someone got me the wrong type of mattress pad. I went to exchange it for the one on my registry. They took 50% off the returned item because I didn't have a receipt. Obviously, it's from BRU since it's the BRU brand, and I obviously just had a baby shower and pretty much asked my guests to buy products at your store and this is what you do in return? Also, I just wanted to swap a sleeper for a different size since I have over 20 3 month sleepers. It was also from BRU. Again, they let me exchange the size, but made me pay half because I didn't have a receipt. I hate them now.
    This would make me livid!  They're basically robbing both you and your shower guests!  Did you fight it?

ETA: I definitely added things to my registry after the fact to make returns easier...
  • Just curious......... do you guys prefer a male or female OB?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • What do you do if your garbage disposal smells disgusting?

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

I prefer a female

I used to prefer female but my practice has about six doctors and I ended up with the male doctors delivering both of my kids. I'm ok with either at this point.

I clean with ice cubes and lemons.
    This is what I've heard, too.
  • I prefer a female OB/GYN, but I've had both.  The practice I go to doesn't have any males, but it wouldn't be a problem for me if they did.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2014
    What do you do if your garbage disposal smells disgusting?
    This, or oranges because I usually don't have lemons.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

I have only had male, but I don't really have a preference per se.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Wait, Poke, did you register for a rubber duck? That seems like an add on item for someone making a basket or wanting to cute up a gift of towels. I don't think I have ever seen one on a registry.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I just spent 2.5 hours at Macy's trying to get pillows.  They were buy one get one free on the website, but not in the store.  I talked to the sales guy forever about how to get them while I was there.  I ended up purchasing them online to pick up in the store.  Then I had to wait forever to have them "pick" them for me.  As I was getting them from the girl she said "Oh, I told him next time to just price match the online deal."
    8-} X( :-q ~X(
    Female. 

• It's actually usually limes over here. We always have a supply thanks to DH's gin and tonics :)
  • Headed to the bar I'm working at for my first night of training in a few minutes. I feel like I could fall asleep right now. This could be a long night.
  • I prefer a female OB.
  • Headed to the bar I'm working at for my first night of training in a few minutes. I feel like I could fall asleep right now. This could be a long night.
    Good luck, try to have fun! And if it's rough, countdown to Christmas starts now!

• hmp1 said:
    What do you do if your garbage disposal smells disgusting?
    This, or oranges because I usually don't have lemons.

I don't have lemons but I do have oranges, what do I do? Just cut it up? I assume the peel needs to stay on?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"