November 2013 Moms

It's 9:53 pm and my baby is STILL awake

I am freaking out a little. We are out of town visiting family, so he's in his pack n play for the 2nd night in a row. He has a cold and is very stuffy. Today he struggled with naps and finally slept from 11:30-1:30, but refused to the rest of the day, so already behind on sleep.
I put him down for the night tonight at 7:45. He usually goes down at 7:15 and takes 30 minutes or so to fall asleep. Tonight he cried on and off for 30 minutes (we did our whole routine), and I went in and patted him and sang a couple times and reassured him. Since then he's just been restless, coughing, babbling, throwing pacis over the side, etc. And he has not slept since 1:30pm, AND he's a little sick!
Any thoughts? Advice? Reassurance? Tomorrow we wake up and drive home, and he's supposed to go to daycare in the afternoon. Right now it feels like tomorrow is so far away!

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image

Re: It's 9:53 pm and my baby is STILL awake

• Thanks you guys- sometimes I guess I just need to hear that we will survive. We tried the rocking and being more upright in my arms for naps and last night and the night before, but he was super restless and wouldn't settle down. Sadly for this mama who wants snuggles, even on a regular night he moves in circles around his crib before falling asleep. Being in an unfamiliar place was not helping, either, especially since there's no comfy chair or glider here! I should have tried the tea!
    He finally fell fully asleep at about 10:30, and so far so good.
    Now, what to do about the sore throat and cold I've just clearly caught?

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
    Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
    Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
    FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"