Philadelphia Babies

So many options, Please help! Need an OB/GYN in Philadelphia

Hi Everyone,

I am currently pregnant with my first child and need a GOOD OB.  I am the first of my friends to have a baby, so I haven't been able to get any suggestions from them.  I live in south Philadelphia and would prefer a doctor in the city for easy commuting.  I'm also trying to decide which hospital to use for the actual birth.  One person referred me to Hanneman but the reviews I read were so negative, I don't know if that would be a good option.  Any and all advice (including personal experiences) would be very helpful!

Re: So many options, Please help! Need an OB/GYN in Philadelphia

• I go to Penn OB/GYN and Midwifery. I like the practice.  The doctor and most midwives I saw I liked.  Although Pennsylvania Hospital has a pretty high C-section rate.  Although I think that is true of a lot of the hospitals in Philly.
  • I heard Dr. Leslie Reinbaum @ Penn (Pennsylvania Hospital I believe) is great and also Dr. Bloom at the same practice
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • I personally think University of Penn hospital is Amazing. I've been through a lot they are always there for me. No baby yet but the knowledge & compassion they have are impeccable. I love these obgyn Dr's One (can't recall his name) I met in 2010. Is partners of the (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) He co-wrote a book about [Your Pregnancy & Birth]4th Addition I have. They are located very near to you. They have a clinic for underinsured or uninsured. They again are Amazing. I pray for those Drs bc they are praying for me TTC 35+ FYI U couldn't possibly find a better place to care for you and your child's needs.
  • I go to Jefferson and I love it, they have some of the best doctors in the country for high risk pregnancies
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • I like Dr. Shawl at 8th and Locust.  The receptionists there are sometimes a bit short, but as long as you know that beforehand, then I think it's worth it.  Dr. Shawl is a great OB.
  • I've had a great experience at Pennsylvania Hospital OBGYN (8th and Walnut). The offices are lovely and the staff are attentive and caring. I've also seen the high risk maternal fetal medicine group and they are also wonderful.
  • I'm going to deliver at Pennsy (Pennsylvania Hospital) and am seeing Dr. Renee Anderson with Penn OB/Gyn.  She's a DO and very high energy, no nonsense type.  They're at 8th and Walnut.
  • I delivered 3 babies at Pennsylvania Hospital and saw the doctors and midwives at Penn OBGYN and Midwifery for my prenatal care. Cannot say enough great things about them!
  • I delivered at PA Hospital and had a good experience.

I also just had surgery at Hahnemann by a Gyn in their group (I was actually referred to a doc there by my RE who is with Penn) My overall experience with the Drexel Ob/gyn office and my surgery at Hahnemann was quite positive and I too was skeptical about Hahnemann in the beginning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a FTM and I chose to go to Jefferson. I've been in their network for over 15 years and have never had a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"