September 2014 Moms

green to blue...baby boy #3

I went in for my normal prenatal appt on Friday 9/19, and my midwife who never usually checks me, decided to do an internal so we could get something on the books if we didn't go into labor on our own. I was already 3 cm, so the plan was to give me until Monday to decide whether to arrive for a scant amt of pitocin or a repeat c/s since I planned for a VBAC. My all day useless contracting had been gone for a few days, but was back after the exam, as expected after an exam. 3-4 an hour, not painful, so whatever.

I picked my oldest up from kindergarten, we went out for "friday happy hour", he has chocolate milk and I get a small coffee at the local coffee shop and we talk about the week. I came home from that at about 4pm. My middle guy and I laid in bed and read books and he talked to the tummy, all the while the occasional non- painful contraction here or there. I had one that felt uncomfortable at about 4:45 and passed some mucus, so I told my hubby to take the kids out for a walk and I would let him know if anything changed after I took a nap. I went and took a shower. Felt a few here or there that seemed stronger. Called my mom at 5:18 to tell her I might be in early labor and I'd call her in a half an hour to see if it was real and she needed to take the kids. I got off the phone the kids and hubby walked upstairs and I had one I needed to breathe through. Went to the bathroom saw some old blood, and then they just started coming. I yelled that we needed to grab the kids and leave (hospital was 45 mins away). We sped across town, dumped the kids.

We left for the hospital by about 20 mins, into our drive, I was screaming and pushing anyway. We arrived at 6:25, I delivered at 6:30. I broke my water all over our new minivan. But it was awesome and crazy and I just barely figured out about 3 days later, that yup we had a baby! Brain took awhile to catch up.

I'm so thankful to welcome our third little boy into our family!  It was a good green to blue moment. poor guy we had nothing with us. No camera, bag, dead cell phone, so pics didn't come until the  next day, bummer being the 3rd, but big brothers already love him.

To all the ladies I missed in the last few days, congrats and hope all moms and babies are doing well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

Re: green to blue...baby boy #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"