Special Needs

LIVID. ABSOLUTELY LIVID!

We go to the pedi on the way home from DS1's school.  He had a cold last week and has been crying and refusing to eat so I figured we would get checked out.

So I check him in for the walk in hours and the lady asks whats wrong.  I start explaining and she cuts me off with "oh, so he has ear pain"  I answered with I don't know, he doesn't talk or communicate.

I asked if she could bill me for our co-pay because I forgot to bring a way to pay.  She said "no".  I said "what about the credit card on file" "we can't use that".  So asked if DH could call and give a way to pay and she says with an attitude "only if he has a credit card" .

Ugh, so I go outside and call DH, he says he'll take care of it.

So we go back in and she says "well he has to call now because you can't be seen without paying it"  I text DH, he's in a meeting and can't call til 4.  She says "we can't see you unless you pay your co-pay".

Are you freaking kidding me?  I am now pissed.  She won't even put his name on the list.  She is sitting there listening to my kid scream and we can't be seen and pay it before we leave.

Our pharmacist has let me take home thousands of dollars worth of meds because I forgot a way to pay when I promised DH would call in before the end of the day with his credit card.

Our physiatrist (whose co pay is double the pedi office) has said "oh we can just bill you" when I forgot my credit card

Our freaking pedi who we see 2-3 times a month can't see my sick child over $15 that I promised would be paid prior to leaving.
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: LIVID. ABSOLUTELY LIVID!

• Hugs- that sucks. I always get billed my copays. I think it's worth asking the clinic head what their wripolicy is, that sounds pretty unreasonable.
  • That's horrible.  I'm so sorry.  I would definitely report this to your specific doctor and to an office manager, or whoever they have in "customer service", someone OVER this person.  What the heck is a credit card on file for, if not that.  Insane!  

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, I'm really sorry. Seems so unreasonable. :(
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Thanks ladies!  Between the "Attack Mom for Using a pacifier with her DS2" IFSP meeting and then this lady I cried on the way home.  haha.

DH stopped by on his way home and gave the new lady hell.  She was so apologetic and they put a credit on our account.  She had no idea why they couldn't bill the credit card on file and wasn't sure if maybe the was a computer issue and the lady just didn't say anything.  

I totally would have understood if we were delinquent repeatedly or if it was a silly appt and it was for me and i could just run home and grab a credit card, but it was just the straw that broke the camels back for today.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • That is just.. ugh I'm angry for you. I can't even believe that. If that's the policy, too ignore sick children over $15, i would be looking for a new practice. I know that's no easy feat, finding the right fit with a pedi is HARD (we're on number 5 and finally found one we adore). I just.. i can't even believe the nerve of that woman. I'm so sorry you had to put up with that.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• First, I would talk to the doctor and see if he/she knows this is how his receptionist treated you, and if that is a policy he/she is okay with.

If it is, I'd find a new doctor.  I don't care how much history you have with this pedi or how well (s)he understands or works with your child.  If he/she won't see a child in pain as soon as possible over something as minor as a copayment (especially if you are not otherwise in arrears), they are not a compassionate doctor, and I couldn't trust the health of my child to them.

Without a doubt, there is another doctor that you can find that will treat your son as well, and will not turn away an obviously hurting child.
  • Holy shit. Refuse to have the dr see you over not paying your copay beforehand? That's absolutely ridiculous. I'd be fucking fuming. Im so sorry you had to deal with that kind of asshattery. I'd definitely be complaining to the dr and/or her supervisor. My bet is they would not be happy with that type of behavior from their staff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"