February 2014 Moms
Options

@Codypup‌'s practice thread

We have firing to do.

Practice makes prefect. >:)

Re: @Codypup‌'s practice thread

• Options
    Credit goes to @MissDemeanor‌ for mentioning this in randoms.
  • Options
    Ughhhhhhh you guys, this sucks. I can practice all I want, but as soon as I see her, all my words are going to evaporate into thin air and I'll be bumbling like a moron. 

And I do legit feel bad for this girl. Being fired is horrible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     I might eliminate the part about her not being happy there as it kind of seems like you're making a decision for her that she can't make; it leans a little more to the personal aspect of your relationship. Focusing on the recent complaints and stuff you've been over with her in the past should be sufficient. 

STUCK in the box.

That's a good point. If she doesn't storm out, and we keep talking, I might say that later in the conversation. But I can stick to the whole "we've had this conversation, and I've given you a million chances, and enough is enough" aspect.

• Options
    You can do it! I like the note/file idea. :)

I would just cut straight to the point. Gently, of course, but straight to the point. Give reasons, examples, and then uplifting words of encouragement like, "Better opportunities await you." Or something equally as cheesy. :D

• Options
    Can you make some notes? Like you're looking at her personnel file? You can reference it if you feel like you're blabbering.

I did make notes!!! I also have her write-ups on file if need be.

I think the bigger question is WHY have I let this go on so long? Maybe because I didn't want to be doing what I'm about to do. And also, she tends to redeem herself in notable, save-the-day kind of ways which all of sudden make you thankful you have her employed.

• Options
    Codypup said:

Can you make some notes? Like you're looking at her personnel file? You can reference it if you feel like you're blabbering.

I did make notes!!! I also have her write-ups on file if need be.

I think the bigger question is WHY have I let this go on so long? Maybe because I didn't want to be doing what I'm about to do. And also, she tends to redeem herself in notable, save-the-day kind of ways which all of sudden make you thankful you have her employed.

I wouldn't stress out over why you let it go on so long. You did. There's nothing that can change that, and things happen for a reason. Of course you don't ever want to be in the position of having to fire someone. Good luck and lots of ((hugs)).
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    You could say you don't like having to do this, but based on her attendance issues, and whatever other issues with her performance, that this just isn't a good fit anymore. I agree with sticking to the facts and not making it personal. End with wishing her well, and that you're sorry it didn't work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"