Breastfeeding

Not eating enough at daycare

My LO is 6 months old and is EBF. I send 3-5oz bottles with her to daycare everyday, she is usually there about 9 hours, and eats every 4 hours. Lately she hasn't been finishing her bottles. Last week she only ate 3oz -2 days and I just got a text from daycare this morning that she only took 2.5 oz. I'm not sure what could be going on?? I feed her right before I take her to daycare at 7 and then they usually start feeding her about 10:45. Any ideas??? Growth spurt, maybe she doesn't like the taste of my milk??? If I was closer to daycare I would try to go nurse her, but that's not an option.....

Re: Not eating enough at daycare

• My girls have gone through finishing and hardly eating bottle phases at DC and on daddy days. She'll probably nurse a bunch at nite to make up the difference, but I wouldn't stress too much just yet.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I send 3-5oz bottles, but she only takes 2, the other one is for backup just in case they need it. They never have used the 3rd bottle but we still send it. Out of the 2 feedings at daycare she only ate 6 oz instead of the normal 10 oz. I nurse her on demand at home and she STTN. So she probably gets about 25oz a day. They feed her every 4 hours, so I nurse her at 7, then the feed her 4 hours later around 10:45 or 11. Our pedi said that it was fine to go 4 hours..... We did just introduce solids about a week ago, could she be wanting that instead of the bm? I don't know if she's teething, I felt her gums yesterday and didn't feel anything. We have our 6 month check up tmrw so maybe the pedi can tell what's going on with her. I just worry :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Well she only gets about 1-1.5 oz of veggies once a day for dinner. Should I reduce the ounces and time frame? Maybe 4oz every 3.5 hours?? We've been doing 5 oz every 4 hours for about 2 months now and we haven't had any other issues...
  • That's good advice. We originally were feeding her 3 oz every 3 hours then 4oz every 3 hours, because the daycare said she was still hungry and needed more. Then the doctor said she can go 4 hours so we added another ounce since she was going an hour later...... So confusing!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"