September 2012 Moms

Just another Manic Monday

2»

Re: Just another Manic Monday

• edited September 2014
    @hmp1 she loves dolls and she has a couple. I am also getting her a "new baby" book.  and some potty books. 

@mroxy0628 those are really cute. G will probably really like those!

ETA: has not had dolls. She still has them. 
  • @hmp1 she loves dolls and she has a couple. I am also getting her a "new baby" book.  and some potty books. 

@mroxy0628 those are really cute. G will probably really like those!

ETA: has not had dolls. She still has them. 
    does she have doll accessories like a wooden high chair or crib?
    image KidKraft Lil' Doll High Chair

You can make her a little diaper bag and fill it with doll diapers, bottles, clothes...

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details
    That is adorable! She has a crib with a high chair attached to it that my sister got her for christmas.  Diaper bag could be cute. She loves purses.  I think I am going to get her a little broom set. Maybe she will leave mine alone.  
  • hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details
    That is adorable! She has a crib with a high chair attached to it that my sister got her for christmas.  Diaper bag could be cute. She loves purses.  I think I am going to get her a little broom set. Maybe she will leave mine alone.  
    ILs gave DD a toy Dyson. She loves that thing. If only it actually picked up dirt, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't figure out what to get G for her birthday. We were going to get a power wheels but my SIL is giving us one of theirs (they have 2 and niece barely uses them) so that is nice of them. I got her a few new books. I just don't know what to get her. I need to place an amazon order and need to do the $25 limit for an add on item.  

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. She doesn't NEED anything other than some staple clothing items.  
    This is where we were with Luci.  She didn't need anything and wasn't really into anything that she didn't already have.  So, DH and I decided that we were going to do Want, Need, Wear, Read for her birthday gifts too.  She loved opening her four presents and couldn't be bothered by the fact that her "need" item was a lunchbox because we didn't have on for her.

I wouldn't stress about buying her something fancy or something that is just going to clutter your home.  I think you got some great ideas from hmp, but I wouldn't worry about it, because she won't remember.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details
    ILs gave DD a toy Dyson. She loves that thing. If only it actually picked up dirt, lol.
    I saw one on amazon, it says it has suction....guess not enough to suck dirt haha. 
  • melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details
    I saw one on amazon, it says it has suction....guess not enough to suck dirt haha. 
    Exactly. It kind of whirs, but it doesn't pick anything up.

• I feel like DH and I need to make some serious headway on things around the house -- flooring, window treatments, appliance repair. It's like everything is either breaking or looking worn out at once, and it's stressing me out.

• melody921 said:
    I feel like DH and I need to make some serious headway on things around the house -- flooring, window treatments, appliance repair. It's like everything is either breaking or looking worn out at once, and it's stressing me out.
    I feel the same way!  Our bed is so broken down and uncomfortable I don't sleep well most nights.  So, we need to replace that.  A week or so ago, our dryer stopped drying so well, it takes 3 times through for a load to dry.  Then on Wednesday, our washer broke down, it won't spin anymore.

Seriously?  Why does it all happen at once?  It seems like a law of the universe!

I hope you are able to work on stuff @melody921

• melody921 said:
    I feel like DH and I need to make some serious headway on things around the house -- flooring, window treatments, appliance repair. It's like everything is either breaking or looking worn out at once, and it's stressing me out.
    I feel the same way!  Our bed is so broken down and uncomfortable I don't sleep well most nights.  So, we need to replace that.  A week or so ago, our dryer stopped drying so well, it takes 3 times through for a load to dry.  Then on Wednesday, our washer broke down, it won't spin anymore.

Seriously?  Why does it all happen at once?  It seems like a law of the universe!

OMG, what is it with washers and dryers? Our washer keeps resetting the spin cycle, yet the clothes are still soaked at the end. It also sounds like we're washing a load of bricks. The dryer is a POS that has never dried things properly the first time through. Hope you can make some headway on stuff too.

• I'm getting tired of seeing all the posts in a FB moms group I'm in about moms looking for options to WFH. Sure, there are some legitimate jobs out here, but most of the stuff people do at home is direct sales or very part-time like tutoring, giving music lessons, etc. And I don't know how anyone thinks they can consistently WFH with their kids there too. There would be no way I'd be productive.

• So I am getting G this broom set. Really cute. I read the descriptions "The pefect way to teach little girls good housekeeping skills... Broom could really sweep up dirt right onto the dustpan! Use the mop and brush to keep youngsters domain sparkly clean."  Maybe they are more girly looking than I thought? Just seemed like they were kinda neutral. 

• I am pretty over today.  I have three employees that are really testing my limits and my authority.  I don't want to lash out, but this is getting really old.  I shouldn't be having to do their work when I have plenty of my own that needs to be done.  

Again, someone remind me why I thought I should become a supervisor?  

• So I am getting G this broom set. Really cute. I read the descriptions "The pefect way to teach little girls good housekeeping skills... Broom could really sweep up dirt right onto the dustpan! Use the mop and brush to keep youngsters domain sparkly clean."  Maybe they are more girly looking than I thought? Just seemed like they were kinda neutral. 

They have a tiny bit of pink, but look neutral to me too. Probably some sexist idiot who thinks only women do housework wrote the description.

• I am pretty over today.  I have three employees that are really testing my limits and my authority.  I don't want to lash out, but this is getting really old.  I shouldn't be having to do their work when I have plenty of my own that needs to be done.  

As frustrating as it is, you are the boss. Tell them what needs to be done, ensure they have the skills/tools they need, give appropriate deadlines and set consequences if the tasks are not completed. It shouldn't even be an option for you to do their work. 

• melody921 said:
    I am pretty over today.  I have three employees that are really testing my limits and my authority.  I don't want to lash out, but this is getting really old.  I shouldn't be having to do their work when I have plenty of my own that needs to be done.  

As frustrating as it is, you are the boss. Tell them what needs to be done, ensure they have the skills/tools they need, give appropriate deadlines and set consequences if the tasks are not completed. It shouldn't even be an option for you to do their work. 
    Yeah, their last boss would fill in with them and help them constantly.  When I came on I was down an employee and then lost another, so I had to help out.  Now they can't seem to get back up on their feet.

I think we are going to have to have come to Jesus meetings at the end of this week, because I am so done with their attitudes and them not doing their jobs!

• melody921 said:
    I am pretty over today.  I have three employees that are really testing my limits and my authority.  I don't want to lash out, but this is getting really old.  I shouldn't be having to do their work when I have plenty of my own that needs to be done.  

Yeah, their last boss would fill in with them and help them constantly.  When I came on I was down an employee and then lost another, so I had to help out.  Now they can't seem to get back up on their feet.

I think we are going to have to have come to Jesus meetings at the end of this week, because I am so done with their attitudes and them not doing their jobs!
    Yeah, maybe a good time to lay out expectations and revisit what each team member will be tackling.

• FFMC: I just finished DD's bday thank you notes at work. 

• melody921 said:

Check your outside dryer vent. We had this problem last year and replaced the dryer. The new dryer did the same thing and we ended up finding out it wasn't even a dryer issue $700 later. Just a tip!
  • Adorable @hmp1! I love the lighting, scenery, and of course the outfits!  Be sure to share more!

• @hmp1 Oh my goodness, they look so grown up!  That pic turned out so great!

@redneckmomma25 if you're still looking for a gift, Sophia loves her doll stroller... we have this one, because it looks the most like our joovy:

doll stroller

melissa&doug dress up clothes were also a big hit
  • Eastie156 said:

I was really dizzy and had bad vertigo over the weekend. The vertigo came on while driving on the highway which was pretty scary. Luckily H was with me and he ended up taking over. I had it again on Saturday, but haven't had it since.

I don't know what's in the water but on my BMB it seems like everyone is having their babies between 35-37 weeks pregnant and a lot of them are FTM's. It's craziness over there.

I think we are finally closing on our house next week! (or so we hope). I'm ready to move in and get settled before DD arrives.

How scary!  Did you talk to your dr about this?  Isn't vertigo a sign of pre-eclampsia?  Hope you feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• cmarie520 said:

Eastie156 said:

I was really dizzy and had bad vertigo over the weekend. The vertigo came on while driving on the highway which was pretty scary. Luckily H was with me and he ended up taking over. I had it again on Saturday, but haven't had it since.

I don't know what's in the water but on my BMB it seems like everyone is having their babies between 35-37 weeks pregnant and a lot of them are FTM's. It's craziness over there.

I think we are finally closing on our house next week! (or so we hope). I'm ready to move in and get settled before DD arrives.

How scary!  Did you talk to your dr about this?  Isn't vertigo a sign of pre-eclampsia?  Hope you feel better soon!

I called the on-call both days and they didn't seem concerned, just told me to watch it. It came out of nowhere which was weird. I don't know if it's a pre-e symptom..??

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details

Our kid dyson does pickup. I have Sage do the wood floor. You'd be suprised at the amount of stuff it picks up in the removable cup.

• Hi! I have a sub for the next 2 days so that I can go to a math class. I hate prepping for a sub. And this time it's a different sub each day... Oh well.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Boo's party went well. She got a lot of cute clothes and a few toys. I loved it because she's moving into 3T and we don't have much. She got Queen Elsa shoes and didn't really care about anything else after that. She hates to get grass on her, so she would run in the little heels, one would fall off, she would cry, and someone would have to go clean her off and put her shoe back on. Over and over. Lol
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • hmp1 said:
    Yay, our peek is up on FB. I love it!

OMG, @hmp1, this is simply precious!

• miss50 said:
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, a little doll Ergo.

Product Details

Our kid dyson does pickup. I have Sage do the wood floor. You'd be suprised at the amount of stuff it picks up in the removable cup.
    OK, what the heck. I'd better take a closer look at this. She was on carpet, so maybe I just couldn't tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"