Breastfeeding

Please help! Nipple is so excruciatingly painful! Vasospasm?

I don't know what to do. I have yet another plugged duct which is at least a little better but since last night my left nipple is SO painful. It feels like broken glass when she latches on. I know she has a good latch but have no idea what is causing this. I looked at my nipple today and it was going from a blanched color to purple to red which made me think of vasospasm. Has anyone experienced this?? At the same time, I took antibiotics for ten days which ended about two weeks ago for mastitis so I got worried about thrush. I did take probiotics while taking the antibiotic and my baby has no signs of thrush. I'm not sure what to do to help with the pain. I have been putting olive oil on the nipples. 

But I think based on the change in color, can one safely assume it is vasospasm? Anyone have this before and have any good solutions?

Re: Please help! Nipple is so excruciatingly painful! Vasospasm?

• I'm pretty sure that I am having the same issue. I have found that heat helps. I have the lanisoh hot/cold packs. I pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and put them in my nursing bra after nursing. They are amazing! Also, just keeping warm and wearing a blanket while nursing helps. Good luck!

Lindsay & Nicholas

12/21/11

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"