December 2014 Moms

Baby girl names

emmyjoy11emmyjoy11 member
edited September 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Hi everyone! I will be a first time mom in dec! We tried to conceive for 3 yrs. because I was wanting baby before my mom passed away. But she passed in jan and we conceived a few months after that. Well before I got married we would always talk about baby names. She and I both loved the name caraleena. But she liked minna for the middle name and I liked grace? What do u all think about the name caraleena Grace or minna? Or name her after my mother which is name pauline. Abigail pauline? Any ideas would be great!

Re: Baby girl names

• I like the idea of naming her after your mother.

I would edit your post to remove the last name. You never know what creepers lurk here.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I also like the idea of naming her after your mom.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The only thing is my hubby thinks she will be made fun of because of her initials will be ape.
  • Thank you!! :) fixed it
  • emmyjoy11 said:

The only thing is my hubby thinks she will be made fun of because of her initials will be ape.

Nah, she can learn to doodle monkeys and it can be her signature.

One of my childhood friends had the initials ARF, so she did the same with dogs.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Hahaha thanks for the good laugh!
  • Hi and welcome! That is a great way to honor your mom. Btw-So sorry for your loss.
  • emmyjoy11emmyjoy11 member
    edited September 2014
    Misschristinemarie - thank u so much. She had ovarian cancer yrs ago and they took everything out then 5yrs later she got it back but they couldn't call it ovarian bc she didn't have ovaries. She had it for 3yrs :(
  • rshamosrshamos member
    edited September 2014
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but welcome and congrats on the little girl! I think naming her after your mom is a great way to honor her. It is so rare that kids will know her middle name, so I wouldn't worry about the ape thing. Eta: my last name was a fruit, and I would sign my name with it. It was actually cute!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome to D14 and congrats on your having your first child after a long TTC road! I also agree with previous posters about naming her after you Mom. I like her name :)
  • I definitely wouldn't name her Caroleena Minna. Too much rhyming. It would be great it you could incorporate your mom's name. How about Carolina (maybe spell it the traditional way?) Pauline.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • emmyjoy11emmyjoy11 member
    edited September 2014
    We would spell it the way that u have it. But we want ppl to call her by her name and not another name like North Carolina. It's cara lee na.
  • The Baby Name board is great with middle names and suggestions to honor your mom. Be warned though, they're not going to like the unique spelling you have there.
  • Maybe Pauleena? That way you'll have the both in a way? I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandmother died of ovarian cancer when I was 8.
  • emmyjoy11 said:

Hi everyone! I will be a first time mom in dec! We tried to conceive for 3 yrs. because I was wanting baby before my mom passed away. But she passed in jan and we conceived a few months after that. Well before I got married we would always talk about baby names. She and I both loved the name caraleena. But she liked minna for the middle name and I liked grace? What do u all think about the name caraleena Grace or minna? Or name her after my mother which is name pauline. Abigail pauline? Any ideas would be great!

Test
  • So does your DH have an opinion? Or do we have more of a say in naming your LO than your DH? ;)

Test
  • My husband is all for caraleena Grace. It wAs my great grandmothers name.And my mama loved it too.
  • @emmyjoy11‌ that's pretty! We are using Grace as our DD's middle name, too. :)
  • My little sister's name is April and her nickname was ap. No one ever said anything. But like pp said kids are mean and will find anything to make fun of others (even if it's not true). DH and I switched LO's name after figuring out the our first choice rhymed with moron...we couldn't do that to him. But like I said my little sister was never made fun of. It was just a nn that my family gave her and none of her classmates knew what we called her except her really close friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"