1st Trimester
Options

deodorant??? ahhh

I've been looking for a good , pregnancy-safe deodorant. I originally used dove, but quit since its main active ingredient is aluminum based. When i found out i was pregnant, i bought toms and then realized its main ingredient was propylene glycol so stopped using that after a day (it made my armpits itch really bad too) A day later I bought Jason's natural aloe vera deodorant. It made me feel sticky and it wore off within a couple hours. I'm not normally smelly AT ALL, but for some reason these natural deodorants are causing me to smell like a boy going thru puberty. I'm better off wearing NO deodorant. Just curious what you all use and why you like it ???? I don't wanna order any 10-15$ deodorant off the internet and be let down by it. Opinions and reviews please!! Thanks ladies :)

Re: deodorant??? ahhh

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the sarcasm. I'll be finding other forums.
  • Options
    Use your normal deodorant

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get it guys.
  • Options
    Really? Stick with whatever makes you not smelly. Some things shouldn't be researched to death.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, like the first post said - you can keep your deodorant... but if you WANT organic, hit up the honest company.
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
  • Options
    I have never heard of people switching for pregnancy! with my first baby, I used the same one and she was born 9 lbs.. healthy as can be, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!!!! Good luck tho! 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Options
    Leave OP alone. Frankly maybe all of you should be considering the toxic affects of aluminum in your deodorant all the time, not just in pregnancy.

OP, I find that your body detoxes from the deodorant and then you sweat and smell only a little. The baking soda idea works, as does a little lavender essential oil.
  • Options
    Wow! As a human I am applauded at the behavior on these forums. Way to show your grown up enough to mother the next generation. Pregnancy is scary! I am OB nurse and I still look at what I am using. So to go back to what we all should have learned in grammer school if you can't be nice don't comment.
  • Options
    Oh this guy....I forgot about him!
    :)
  • Options
    There really are OB nurses though.. Just like surgical, pediatric, etc. which is different from women's health np. nothing to add to the actual conversation haha :) carry on.
  • Options
    How the hell do people have such poor grammar? I die a little inside when I read something this atrocious.
  • Options
    Before you mock me, look up aluminum. It's a known neurotoxin. I didn't make that up at all. And I didn't say all chemicals are bad or that all people should be using lavender instead of deodorant. I simply suggested it to the OP who asked the question.

And I hope those of you calling BS on somebody being an OB nurse look up the next time somebody takes your BP at your prenatal visit.
  • Options
    ryemo said:

Before you mock me, look up aluminum. It's a known neurotoxin. I didn't make that up at all. And I didn't say all chemicals are bad or that all people should be using lavender instead of deodorant. I simply suggested it to the OP who asked the question.

And I hope those of you calling BS on somebody being an OB nurse look up the next time somebody takes your BP at your prenatal visit.

Omg I know what aluminum is. Dear God. You'd have to eat it, snort it or inject it in LARGE quantities. Unless your deodorant is pure liquid aluminum, then by all means, arm flail.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I use LaVanilla because it smells lovely and I enjoy it. My best friend is now hooked on it as well. Maybe give it a shot. It is a bit expensive but it lasts forever! I've had the same bottle (with daily use of course) for over 2 months and it still seems full. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I bought Lafes 'just for mom' natural deodorant spray from Whole Foods. I really like it and it actually works. I spray it 6 times under each arm. If you can find it I highly recommend it. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    Any kind!! Ahhhhhh

It's a BOY

• Options
    Haha. Someone may have said this already, but this question should be asked in the "natural" forum.
    "Natural" and um, other pregnancies can sometimes speak apples and oranges. :-)
  • Options

I feel there's been an abnormal amount of stupid recently.
    Any chemical in large quantities (even "natural" chemicals LIKE ALUMINUM BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING NATURALLY OCCURRING FFS) is bad for you. The scant amount in your deoderant isn't going to do anything.
    Some people should not reproduce.

First I wouldn't say that putting something on your skin just over lymph nodes everyday for your entire adult life is a scant amount.

Second are you saying that I shouldn't reproduce because I disagree with you about deodorant? That's just mean.
  • Options
    momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited September 2014
    raquen40t said:
    Haha. Someone may have said this already, but this question should be asked in the "natural" forum. "Natural" and um, other pregnancies can sometimes speak apples and oranges. :-)
    @raquen40t Wait, what? What's considered an unnatural pregnancy? Because from my understanding, we are all growing a human.

It's a BOY

• Options
    Lol that the Natural Birth board speaks a different language. Dude, the arm-flailing in this thread is comical.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"