April 2015 Moms

Is it OK to throw yourself a baby shower?

2»

Re: Is it OK to throw yourself a baby shower?

• I'm having my first... But my sister recently had her 3rd... We didn't do anything for the 2nd bc it was so soon after the 1st. But for her 3rd, we threw her a diaper shower/BBQ... Rather than gifts, everyone brought diapers!
  • Loading the player...
  • I side-eye second showers.  I actually HATE going to showers.  I opted out of a wedding shower and even though i'm a FTM I probably will opt out of a baby shower as well.  If someone wants to buy me a gift they will =)
  • I think throwing yourself a shower is gift grabby. I don't not feel the same way if you decide to throw yourself a birthday party though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • @mbm1983 I'm sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way, it was somewhat of a generalization. I do not think there is anything wrong with friends and family supporting each other through difficult times. My comment was towards people feeling as though a shower is designed for family and friends to give them everything they want for a LO, whether it's the first, second or tenth baby. I would imagine a large number of people rely on family and friends for a variety of things when raising children, but not everyone acts entitled to such help and support.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Hey guys, I'm running low on diapers. I'm going to throw myself a party this weekend in hopes of someone giving me some. Whose in?

imageimageimage

• No, it is not OK to throw yourself a baby shower. A baby shower is suppose to welcome you into motherhood you are already a Mom. Buy what your second baby needs yourself. This is my second baby and I will NOT be having a shower. I still have all the big ticket items I would need for this baby. It is not other people responsibility to buy you things that you need for your child.
    <Pregnancy Ticker>

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Definitely not okay to throw yourself a shower. This is my 2nd child. My DD is 5 now and I got rid of every thing except her crib because I had zero intent on ever having another child. The only reason I still have the crib is because my friend and brother have both borrowed it and my friend is still using it. My SIL is throwing me a baby shower even though this is my 2nd.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"