Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How long did the 4 month wakeful last for you?

LO is 4.5 months old, and is now waking up every 3 hours at night (from previously waking up only once or twice).  We're managing with it okay, but I'm curious; how long did the wakeful period last for other families?  Did LO sort things out on his/her own?  If not, are you still waking up more at night?  Just wondering what to expect...

Re: How long did the 4 month wakeful last for you?

• Options
    We haven't started it yet. When did it start for you?

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    Started at around 3m and ended close to 5m.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    about two terrible weeks! Haha.. we also decided to transition her out of the swaddle at that time because it wasn't helping anymore.. figured to just get through that transition as well.
  • Options
    About a week right at 4 months (4.5 mth. right now). Hopefully it won't come back.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    we are in the midst of it right now i think....LO was getting up once a night but now it is 2 times and sometimes it takes her forever to fall asleep.  I am so tired and hoping she starts sleeping through the night after this period is over!!!
  • Options
    For us it started at 3.5 months and lasted until 4.5 months, there was a peak about two weeks in where he was waking almost every hour, and only taking maybe 30 minute naps. He's now 5 months and his sleep is better than before the regression happened, he also has put himself on a pretty reliable sleep schedule that we now follow like the law everyday which seems to help.
  • Options
    we didn't have that but we started rice cereal in the evenings at 3.5 months to keep his little tummy fuller longer at night...it seemed to work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Started at one day after 4 months..we're still in it...it's really bad, still. went from waking once/night to waking 3-4 times/night. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Started around 3.5months, we went from getting a 6hour stretch to waking every 3 hours and now every hour. She's 4.5 months and still no end in sight.
  • Options

Started at around 3m and ended close to 5m.

Same. It really only ended because we started some mild/age appropriate sleep training. (Modified Ferber method)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Started at 4.5 months and lasted only 2 weeks. He's actually sleeping better now than before!
  • Options
    Started at 3 months. Peaked at 4 and now at almost 5 we've had about a week and bit of longer stretches.
  • Options
    Two weeks so far...I am wondering how long this is going to last too. So exhausted. 
  • Options
    We are in the thick of it now. It's totally exhausting. My daughters had two days of 30 minute nap and waking every hour at night. Hopefully this is the peak and it will end soon 8-} I'm going coo coo haha good luck!!
  • Options
    After two weeks we've had two good nights of only waking once or twice.  My fingers are crossed that the end is near! (Although I'm sure there will be a growth spurt or wonder week just around the corner...)
  • Options
    My baby is four months old and it just started! yikes, she was up every three hours last night. What is the reason for the wakefulness, is it teething, growth spurt..? The reason I ask is because i fed her every three hours and that seemed to calm things down but I'm wondering is she going through a growth spurt that she needs to eat more often and that is the reason for waking up more? She def seems to be teething more. 
  • Options
    My daughter is 4.5 months old and we've been going through this for about 5 weeks now.  I'm totally exhausted!!
  • Options
    DS is a little over 4 months and we're going on 6 weeks of this. A "good" night means he slept for at least one 2 hour stretch. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever get better :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS started a week or so before he hit 4 months and we are still dealing with it now.  His past two nights have been way better though, so I am really hoping we are close to being done with it!
  • Options
    Why did I reAd this thread? Ugh!

DD #1 it lasted an entire month.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    We were up every hour for about 8.5 weeks. I am now glad that we are up every 3-4 hours. She's 4.5 months....
  • Options
    4 mos last week and we are going on week 3 of this. Previously up once if at all, now up every 1.5 hours ish after the first wake up (which was 10PM last night!! AGH). We are trying a few things, but no end in site... SO tired...

• Options
    We are on day 13. It literally started as soon as she lo turned 4 months.  I am jealous of those of you who are getting 2 or 3 hour stretches. LO was up 7 times from 9:15(when she first went down) to when she was up for the day at 6:10.   We are going out of town next Saturday for a week, I am really hoping this is over by then. 
  • Options
    DS is 5 months and just started last week. 30 min naps just 2x's per day and waking 2-3 times per night.  He's been fussy, hard to get to sleep, etc. It's slowly getting worse, but he's been a really easy baby - I consider this my initiation.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"