1st Trimester

constipation!!!

Omg!!!! God help me. I am so constipated this is awful. I was just in the bathroom for at least an hour. Any good remedies please!!!

Re: constipation!!!

• I use miralax with my apple juice in the morning...also vita fusion has fiber gummies for weight management. Not concerned about the weight...but it has your daily dose of frolic acid and b12 which is great for the baby.
  • You could try prune juice if you can keep it down. It may give you cramps tho. I hope you get relief soon!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. I've increased my water intake and I'm taking metamucil. Thank you for the advice about not being in the bathroom for so long!
  • I was just going to recommend metamucil, @rangela83‌. I am using this as well. It hasn't worked fabulously but I can really tell when I don't take it (so it is doing something!).
  • Kiwi, if it happens again and nothing seems to be working!
  • Prunes or tea seemed to help me out. Definatley try prunes though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Colace. And lots of water. You can also take magnesium supplements.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my first pregnancy I went 11 days without going, it's awful.  Second pregnancy wasn't so bad..this time around, I knew I was pregnant because I was so constipated, and my vitamins make it even worse.  I usually try to grab a coffee or eat something that I know would usually not sit well in my stomach that would get things kick started a bit.  And of course as PP's said..drink your water, babe!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I've tried everything and still have that "incomplete" feeling. The pain is intense. Going to try Colace today.
  • Get some fiber supplements.. walking and LOTS of WATER .. good luck! 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"