March 2015 Moms
Options

birth

I don't know about any other exspecting mothers, but this is my first child and I'm 15. I am extremely nervous for birth.. :-S

Re: birth

• Options
    Completely common fear. Just remind yourself that no matter what, it's gotta come to an end and the baby will be born. In the grand scheme of things, it's a short amount of time and sooner or later it'll be over. Try to learn as much as you can about the process before you're due. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Yes, I think that many of us are nervous. I sure am. Read as much as you can about birth and child care as you can in this time. Find reputable sources to learn from. Speak with adult women that you trust and ask for their guidance.

Knowledge is power. You can do this.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, look for support groups in your area for teen moms. Know that there are lots of programs and assistance for you, you just have to look and you may need to do some work for them, but it is worth it.

As far as birth itself, remember your body is made to give birth. I understand why your are nervous, but I agree with the other ladies, knowledge is power. I was a mom for the first time at 17. I am now 29 with #3 on the way. You can do this! Find someone you trust and that has given birth themselves to support you and be by your side during the birth (like your mom). That will help too.
  • Options
    Please please please I cannot recommend a birthing class enough. You can do this and you will and the scary stuff will pass. But if there was one thing I could tell my younger self it's that learning how to push in the middle of labor is NOT ideal. I know it all seems scary but as a btdt I can say that the hardest part is not knowing.
  • Options
    It is scary but honestly, your body knows what to do. I never took a birthing class and I just let my body do what it needed to do. You never know how your labor will go but once your holding that precious baby in your arms everything you go through is worth it
  • Options
    I am a first time mom too and very nervous about that part. I am definitely going to take a birthing class soon, read about birth, and talk to moms who have been through it. That is what I would recommend!! It will be so worth it when we get to meet our babies....that is what I keep telling myself!
  • Options
    I never took a birthing class because I knew all the information (and visuals) would just make me get more freaked out. Birth certainly takes care of itself no matter if it's natural, c-section, drugs, no drugs, etc. Just relax & stay positive.
  • Options
    Thank you guys. It really helped a lot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"