1st Trimester
Options

Looking for an OB-GYN

Hi everyone. Very new to these message boards. I just found out this morning that I might be pregnant. I took an at home pregnancy test and the line showed up very faint. I am not getting my hopes up yet, but I am starting to do some research in to finding an ob-gyn for the pregnancy and delivery. Does anyone have any tips on how to find a good doctor? Is Kaiser any good? I've heard very mixed reviews about the hospital in Hillsboro Oregon and wanted some opinions. I wish I could ask friends for advice, but I don't want to tell anyone for at least a few weeks. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for an OB-GYN

• Options
    Call the OB floor (labor and maternity) at the hospital you want to deliver at and ask the nurse who answers the phone if they have an OB they would recommend. I hear people do this all the time and have great luck. Nurses know.... Also, look for some whom is board certified and maybe even a fellow. They will gave the credentials of FACOG after their md or do credentials.
  • Options
    Do you have a GP? Family doctor? I would ask them if you don't feel comfortable asking friends. He/she may be good for a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"