February 2013 Moms
Options

Weekend randoms

What is everyone up to?

Today is a little rough for me, I'm starting the post-partum baby blues/random crying right on cue. I'm mostly sad that I'm not able to give DD as much attention anymore. It's just stressful finding the new normal. I really struggle with change, especially when I have a good routine going (as I did with DD) and I just hope I can be a good mother to both kids.

Also, we decided not to breastfeed this time so I'm sitting here with 2 tight sports bras on and taking ibuprofen while my boobs feel like exploding. Although I know it's the right decision for us, there's still a part of me that's sad we're not doing it and I just wish my milk would dry up and go away.
PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Weekend randoms

• Options
    Hugs @kleigh926‌ ! Hope your boobs feel better soon! (Because that wish isn't creepy at all... ;) )

I'm at home after a great putting with my husband and kids... feeling super guilty because I misunderstood plans with a friend and could have sworn we were meeting tomorrow. Unfortunately it was today and now I feel terrible because I don't want her to think I blew her off.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, @kleigh926. The first few weeks post-partum are hard enough emotionally. I will be in your shoes soon!  Hoping your body gets the hint and gets rid of that milk quickly!

Just finished the 3-hour glucose test from hell. I went in at 7am and they didn't have my order in. I called the after-hours line at my doctor's office and after explaining my problem to the operator, she asked if this was "truly an emergency." I said, "My husband is in China, I am six-and-a-half-months pregnant and had to fast for this test, and my toddler is home with my father who drove two hours to be here so I could do this test today. Yes, it is an emergency." At least she took that seriously.

It took the doctor an hour to call back, and she was irritated with the lab because the order did get sent in on Tuesday, but I guess they are notorious for not being able to find them (as confirmed when I returned and they were telling two other people they couldn't find orders for them either), but that she would send another right away.  The girl at the desk told me that now she had two orders, and was I supposed to do them both?  Um...no, dude.  I am not supposed to do two simultaneous three-hour glucose tests.  Use your brain.  So I started my test at 9 instead of 7.

They didn't have the room with the lay-back chair available for me, so I had to white-knuckle it through all four draws.  Thanks to all the phleb advice I got here, they were able to find my veins easily despite my being completely dehydrated. (Oh, I also had to do a urine sample. I was like...from what?! I'm fasting!) But I was woozy and sick between every draw. My last draw hurt so bad; the phleb said my body didn't want to give any more blood so she had to stick it in farther. Just. freaking. awesome.

But at least now I'm home.  DS is napping, I am shoving food in my face, and we have nothing planned for the rest of the day.  Hallelujah. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Many hugs!!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Options
    @DC2London, thanks :) I am actually feeling pretty good today. You're right, it was not an easy decision to not BF, but there were many factors that came into play for me and I truly felt it was the best choice to FF this time. With DD, I actually think BF'ing was a huge contributor to the severe baby blues that I experienced. I never had any of those "feel good" emotions. Everything surrounding BF'ing was very stressful and painful for me. Given my history I think I'm better off emotionally this way. I do still wish things had gone differently though.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I'm a little late since its Monday, but...

- we made the decision to look Into adoption this weekend. We are waiting on a call back from an adoption agent to discuss further and see if we can really afford this :D

- my entire family is coming up here today. The house is still a mess and our house isn't nearly big enough to fit 5 extra people and another dog (on top of the 3 of us and our 4 pets). Either way I'm still really excited!

- DH is out hunting again this morning leaving me to do all the cleaning and get the garbage put out while caring for our toddler. He better bring home a bear or I will not be a happy camper!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"