June 2014 Moms
Options

~~~June PAL Mommas Check-In

Hey ladies! Everyone should have had there little one by know so we'll change things up a bit. The check-in has been pretty slow as we all adjust to our life change but hopefully things will pick up eventually. . Have a great weekend!

How old is LO?

LOs name?

How are you feeling physically/emotionally?

Challenges/Successes?

Cute/Funny stories?

QOTW- IF you could create any candle scent, what would it be?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

Re: ~~~June PAL Mommas Check-In

• Options
    How old is LO? 14.5 weeks (really?! time is going by too fast!) 

LOs name? Sawyer Faith

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Pretty good emotionally... LO is sick and I never imagined how bad I would feel because she doesn't feel good. DH and I are working through things and this past week was much better.  Physically, I feel good... but still no PP period.  I'm a little worried just because I don't want something to be wrong that could potentially affect my ability to have future kids.  I know that sounds a little extreme, but I can't help but think about it.  My doctor wants to give it another week before she calls in a prescription to help get it started.  I think this will be the only period I ever look forward to having!!! lol! 

Challenges/Successes? Well, we finally set up LO's crib.  We're still working on her nursery, but I decided to put it together and put in our room where she had been sleeping in her Pack'N'Play.  She slept great last night, so that was awesome.  I guess the challenge is finding time to clean up the house and finish her nursery.  I feel so bad it's not done, but it needs to be painted and DH and I work such odd hours that it's difficult because we have DD by ourselves most of the time.  

Cute/Funny stories?  DH heard her laugh for the first time this weekend! 

QOTW- IF you could create any candle scent, what would it be? hmm... Good question! I've never thought about it, but I love cinnamon and vanilla.  Not very exciting and I'm pretty sure that combo already exists.  :) 
  • Options
    @mmandm603- welcome back.  We've missed you.  I'm sorry that you had a rough week with Joseph's due date.  Michael is being a rock star rolling!  I can only get mine to roll from front to back.  We'll be unswaddling her in a few weeks so maybe that will help.

@brittnic531 - Glad to hear things are getting better with you and DH.  Just take things one day at a time.  Hopefully you can get the nursery finished soon.  I'm sure it will make you feel better. :)

How old is LO? almost 4 months...seriously??

LOs name? Kelsey Marie

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? physically I've been struggling with being dizzy, faint, and sometimes naseaous since she was born.  I finally have a dr appt this afternoon to get things checked out.  My bet is either on my low bp, thyroid, or iron.  

Challenges/Successes?  
    Challenges: So many people have been sick around us lately that I'm trying to nurse her as much as possible to hopefully keep her healthy for a few more months.  I hate it when they are this little and get sick.
    Successes:  I have enough milk stored up (700 oz +) that I'm able to donate to our local NICU.  It also felt kind of weird but I donated some to my cousins baby that was born a preemie and mommy wasn't able to breastfeed.  His digestion has gotten much better.

Cute/Funny stories?  I feel bad but I torment Kelsey all the time by tickling her under her neck to get her to giggle for me.  I'm really the only one that she'll do it for so it makes me feel special.

QOTW- IF you could create any candle scent, what would it be?  What about a baby shampoo/lotion scent.  That way we can take the smell of them to our offices. :)

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kimmyberly26- Good luck at your appointment this afternoon! I hope you get some answers! 

@mmandm603-  Hugs to you momma! My angel baby would've been a year old in August... It's so hard! 
  • Options
    coffee89coffee89 member
    edited September 2014
    How old is LO? 13 weeks (3 months today)

LOs name? Zachariah

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Emotionally I'm drained but okay. I am getting out more and asking for help which makes a big difference

Challenges/Successes? LO has reflux and we recently discovered he isn't digesting properly on certain formulas (vomiting, constipation and when he does poop is is indicative of passing a lot of nutrients without absorbing them) so there is a slow growth curve. We are on yet another formula (making change number 8) along with 1oz pear juice and we seem okay for the last 4 days. It's hard since he is screaming and sick a lot, he isn't napping well and I can't get time away for me.

Cute/Funny stories? He loves when we take his feet and touch his face/chest with them. He recently found them and is working on getting them up and doing what he wants so he loves that we can show him what they do and will laugh while we tickle him with his own feet. He also keeps trying to roll over while strapped into his vibrating chair, it's frustrating to him but really adorable to me.

QOTW- IF you could create any candle scent, what would it be?

The smell of fall turing into winter, they just don't make anything close to it. Or the smell of my son a few hours after a bath. It's a clean natural baby smell that I can't get enough of.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options

@smhorak - I'm so sorry that LO is having such a rough time.  I had a reflux baby the first time around so I feel your pain and it is so draining.  Hang in there...it won't last forever.  You've got this.

@yuMMMy721 - Hopefully the doctors can give some answers.  so sorry but can you remind me again what little Levi's meds are for?  I really don't check in on the board much but here.

@brittanic531 - I got my blood work results back and everything looked normal.  I could have bet money that it was goign to be my thyroid.  She even did an EKG because I've been having shortness of breath and heart palpitations but that was also normal.  My bp was 100/70 which she said was fine also but I'm not convinced.  Its almost like a feel pregnant again...but I'm too scared to POAS.

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    @yummmy721- I hope you get some answers soon! I can't imagine how stressful it is.. I also hope you figure out what's going on with.  I know that's only adding to your stress! 

@kimmyberly26- they didn't test for that at your doctor's office?  If you POAS keep us updated!!! As much as I'm sure you're not anticipating another LO, it might just give you an answer as to how you're feeling!!!  I'm glad the rest of your results came back normal though. :) 
  • Options
    @YuMMMy721- I TOTALLY get it... let's just say that our pediatricians office knows us by name... there are 5 doctors in that practice. :D  I tend to go with the 'I don't care if they think I'm crazy, it's my baybay!" 
  • Options
    @yuMMMy721 - that stinks about the thyroid diagnosis.  I couldn't even imagine trying to manage that in an infant.  I'm hypo so I get it.  Huge hugs!  

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"