July 2013 Moms
Options

We said our goodbyes

ashie624ashie624 member
edited September 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Today was a very long day. We had my grandpa's funeral. It was a private ceremony at his gravesite. He was cremated so there was no showing.

It was beautiful. My cousin's wife read a beautiful poem. I happened to notice as the father was talking about my grandpa trying to sell cars in heaven (my grandpa used to own a dealership) I heard one single bird. My grandpa always loved to watch birds and had a ton of bird books. Also apparently there was a eagle circling the ceremony.

I thought that made it very special.

They also had the areas veteran legion do a little ceremony since my grandpa served in the Korean war. They fired three rounds. I got to keep one of the bullets.

Also my grandma gave each of the great grandkids a fifty cent peace. My grandpa was known for handing them out all the time. He asked my grandma to give them to the great grandkids and have them keep it forever. I thought that was super special.

Later I went with my mom to just hang out with my grandma. I thinknshe is struggling to be alone in the evenings even though she says she isn't.

Thank you ladies for all the thoughts and prayers. This has been super hard as my grandpa was the first person close to me who I have lost.
July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: We said our goodbyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"