March 2014 Moms
Options

What size shoes

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited September 2014 in March 2014 Moms
For those of you who have shoes for LO already, what size do they wear? (Or would they wear if you ever put them on?)

I will post a sizing chart for comparison/clarification as first comment.

Please use US sizing to vote on this poll.

What size shoes 83 votes

Size 1
13% 11 votes
Size 2
19% 16 votes
Size 3
10% 9 votes
Size 4
7% 6 votes
Size 5
0% 0 votes
Size 6 or bigger
0% 0 votes
Don't know - I haven't measured LO's feet
36% 30 votes
We do stretchy or slipper style
9% 8 votes
I don't go here
2% 2 votes
SS - different type of shoe - sizing is funny
1% 1 vote

Re: What size shoes

• Options
    Sizing chart to use as example. image
  • Options
    Will has never even worn socks except for when he was in the hospital and we put little doll socks on him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kaking78kaking78 member
    edited September 2014
    I just bought J some size 4s. He wasn't with me and I haven't tried them on yet but they look about right.

ETA: They fit with maybe a little room to spare.
  • Options
    I voted size 2 because that's what size the shoes are that we have that fit. But, if using the chart, they're definitely bigger than size 2
  • Options
    Size 1 are huge on Isla. I'm confused by shoes.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @SurpriseAt39‌ that chart is crazy! My 3.5 year old wears a 7.5.
  • Options
    jrw526 said:

I saw a bunch of charts. This one pretty closely matches LO's foot size.

All other charts I saw only gave an 'age to US size' which is insane.

Measuring length of foot is better indicator.
  • Options

jrw526 said:

I thought the chart was pretty spot on. DD is almost 3.5 and she's in size 10.

ETA: I have no idea what size LO is because we haven't bought him shoes yet. According to the chart he'd be a size 3.
    Yeah, if I use it for DS1... His foot is about 5.5 inches which = size 7.5, but I haven't seen half sizes around here, so he gets an 8.
    If I go by age (22 months) then he would be a 6, which is clearly too small for him these days.
    But, by age...all kids would start at a less than 3 inch foot. LO's foot measured 3 inches when I was 34 weeks pregnant.
  • Options

jrw526 said:

I thought the chart was pretty spot on. DD is almost 3.5 and she's in size 10.

ETA: I have no idea what size LO is because we haven't bought him shoes yet. According to the chart he'd be a size 3.
    I guess my big kid just has small feet :).
  • Options

I thought for sure this was goingto be about the size of the men's "feet" since the other poll is about how long sex lasts.

Mind in gutter

Well we could do that too. ;)

• Options

Why is everyone buying shoes? Our babies can't walk. I personally am not wasting money on shoes for LO right now. I would rather buy her something useful.

I'm in agreement about saving money for useless items.
    MIL has a 'thing' about not being 'completely dressed if LO isn't wearing shoes. SHE is the one that buys them.
  • Options
    all the women in my family have teeny feet. LO still wears newborn shoes that are too big and fall off. I don't think her feet have grown at all.
  • Options
    LO has yet to wear shoes. We've only started putting socks on her sometimes now that it is getting a little chillier out. She still tries to get them off :-P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"