October 2013 Moms
Options

screaming

DD has been screaming a lot lately.  It's hard to tell if it's because she hasn't been feeling well (she now has a cold after a week of that fever) or if she does it now because she sees it gets our attention.  It's mostly because she wants to be held or she doesn't want us to put her down (which is why I'm thinking it may be from not feeling well) but I don't want this to become a habit of hers if it's not due to being under the weather. Part of me says when she's finally feeling better it'll stop, but I'm just worried about it becoming a habit.  Any one else experiencing this? Is it a phase? Any suggestions how to stop it?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: screaming

• Options
    Screaming is his way of communicating every emotion. And people wonder why I drink
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a screamer here too.  He's been a screamer from the start.  Hoping he outgrows it soon.  Its worst when he is hungry or tired. As PP said, its his way of communicating with us.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel like they are in the 'still too young to be deliberately manipulative' stage, no?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    I feel like they are in the 'still too young to be deliberately manipulative' stage, no?
    This is what I was thinking too, but then I was wondering if maybe she noticed that we instantly ran to her when she did this last week and so she realized that now if she does it we'll go to her.  I'm not sure tbh, that's why I thought I'd put it out there.  If she's doing it because she doesn't feel well that's okay, I just don't want it to become a habit or whatever.

• Options
    DS just started doing this last night and this morning. Once I pick him up he stops. He is teething really bad so I'm hoping it's just because he doesn't feel good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    This is what I was thinking too, but then I was wondering if maybe she noticed that we instantly ran to her when she did this last week and so she realized that now if she does it we'll go to her.  I'm not sure tbh, that's why I thought I'd put it out there.  If she's doing it because she doesn't feel well that's okay, I just don't want it to become a habit or whatever.
    But really, tho, when does that stage end? I don't know how to baby.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    But really, tho, when does that stage end? I don't know how to baby.
    What do you mean?  I'm confused.

• Options
    Like...I have read that babies are not deliberately manipulative. Obviously, at some point, that changes. So when does that happen?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    Like...I have read that babies are not deliberately manipulative. Obviously, at some point, that changes. So when does that happen?
    Oh, I don't know. I dont think I can handle it now, so hopefully a little longer?  This parenting thing is hard.

• Options
    @crunchymama11 She gets lots of holding time but the second i put her down to run to the bathroom she lets out these blood curdling screams.  It's new.  I'm just not sure what to make of it.

• Options
    Thanks @crunchymama11‌. I wasn't sure if it was behavioral at this point.

• Options
    DS screams when he is frustrated. That could be when I take my phone or car keys out of his mouth, when the book he is using to slide across the floor gets stuck on the area rug, when his food is all gone...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"