Baby Names

Saul??

Hi!  We are still team green but thinking of names.  What are your opinions on the name Saul Peter? All of our children have Bible names and this is number 4.  Thanks for any opinions! 

Re: Saul??

• I like the reverse better. I looooove Peter.
    Agreed, I prefer Peter Saul.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I love Saul and wanted to use it but DH nixed it
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • I perfer Paul but not with Peter
  • Lover Peter and prefer Paul to Saul.  (But that might be because I dated a Saul and he was a monster jerkface.)

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • It works!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • I like Saul.  I LOVE Solomon (nn Sol)

My thoughts as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I prefer Peter Saul - Saul Peter reminds me of saltpeter (potassium nitrate).
  • Not a fan of Saul.. and I know theres plenty of other Sauls out there but I just think Breaking Bad, "Better call Saul!"
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like Peter more. What about silas instead of Saul?
  • I like Saul a lot.
  • I like Saul a lot but wouldn't use it because it is one of those names that I think is still mostly used but people of Jewish heritage. Not that I would care that people thought he was Jewish but rather people giving me the side eye when realizing he wasn't. I even get that a little because my kids have Irish/Gaelic names and their last name is not. At least there I have a comeback with my first, middle, last name, and mothers maiden name which are all very Irish.
  • I can't get behind Saul. Not my choice of Biblical names. I agree with PP that Solomon is a much better choice.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• I love, Saul. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I kind of like Saul. Although it has a distinctly old man vibe. I definitely prefer it as a FN to Peter. Sorry, PP, I don't dig Peter. 

I do like the suggestion of Solomon (wise king and all, right?). 

How about Joel? 
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• I like it! 
  • I prefer Peter Saul - Saul Peter reminds me of saltpeter (potassium nitrate).
    I was thinking the same thing about saltpeter.

I also agree that if you're specifically looking for a Bible name, I would go with someone who is a better namesake. Perhaps Silas or Simon? Paul or Peter work too.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"